Event Booking Module

mark1million

• Moderators

Ok so here is what im trying to achieve.

I want a events booking calendar,

Insert in to existing vms database defined table.

Admin section,

To be able to create, edit or delete content / event

To be able to create an event with time restrictions(ie, event bookings open from 15:00 to 22:00)

Pilot section,

To be able to book a time slot and edit their slot

Overview page of bookings

Seems simple but i just don't have the knowledge in php to design this hence why im posting in paid services, please contact me if you think you can design what im after and we can talk cash :)

Thanks,

• Administrators

Do you just mean a calendar you can schedule event dates/times (appointments) on and then let pilots sign up (RSVP) for a time slot. Do you need limits to number of pilots? Will pilots be able to sign up for a certain time, or will they be automatically assigned the next available slot for the event? Do you want an image option for the event?

• Moderators

Do you just mean a calendar you can schedule event dates/times (appointments) on and then let pilots sign up (RSVP) for a time slot. Do you need limits to number of pilots? Will pilots be able to sign up for a certain time, or will they be automatically assigned the next available slot for the event? Do you want an image option for the event?

Hi SimPilot,

What i want is to publish that we are holding an event, define the times say from 15:00 to 22:00 so bookings will be open during those time slots for members to book a leg, im not too worried about overlaps in time, banner image would also be good, also an overview page of the event and slots booked would also be helpful

• Administrators

So more of a listing than a calendar. Can you send me a basic structure of what you are thinking about for needed fields.

ie

Name of event

Description of event

Time of event

Requirements..?

Coordinator..?

Flight Path..?

Aircraft..?

Teamspeak channel..?

Not sure what all needs to be included.. Also, I would be guessing that it would only allow signups from registered pilots, but the public would be able to see the event and bookings...

• Moderators

Ok this is what i had in mind, i create an event from A to B on the specified date and time, this then is visible on a page for pilots to see url could easily be published in forums / frontpage news.

On the page will be listed event from and to with a banner and date / times for booking a slot flight plan details or any other text.

Variables to be used would be Depart icao, Arrive icao, Date and time span.

Along comes a pilot and they want to fly in the event so maybe from a dropdown menu they can select departure time (times would be read from the created timespan with a 5 minute slot) and departure icao (this would populate from the depart or arrival set when the event was created by admin) input callsign and submit, this would then show an overview of what they have just booked and all other bookings that have been submitted for the event.

I hope i have explained it ok,

• Administrators

Ok, I think I am following now, one question more though. :huh:

Will you be creating a schedule for the event, or will it be some kind of one off charter? I think it will be easier to create a schedule for the event, even if you deactivate it after the event. That will give me something to tie the event to and be able to produce information and charts easily.

• Moderators

Ok, I think I am following now, one question more though. :huh:

Will you be creating a schedule for the event, or will it be some kind of one off charter? I think it will be easier to create a schedule for the event, even if you deactivate it after the event. That will give me something to tie the event to and be able to produce information and charts easily.

Yes thats my thoughts exactly, to create a schedule for the event then deactivate it after.

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Hope you dont mind if I possibly piggy back on this one? What would the dev cost be (I need to convert ZAR to USD) so I want to see if I can afford to purchase somehing similar as well. I would need something slightly simplified

Input + Support from the community equals the price in my sig ;)

Started a new thread in AddOns for input. B)