Error while filing acars report

asandor

I put this message in the ACARS Testing forum since not sure if you want others knowing some people are testing it, so you won't get a big flood of people asking to test it.

So a few days ago I messed with the mail parameters in the phpvms config.php file. I did something wrong and got an error while trying to file a pirep. I took out everything to what I though was correct. I have it set to what the example in at docs.phpvms.net has set. Not sure what I screwed up but now I get get the error while filing.

This happens in the ACARS app.

When I go to the web side, I see that it has added the pirep to my flights, but after I edit and then hit submit, it errors again. This is the top line for the error page:

(1/1) Swift_RfcComplianceException

Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.

The pirep shows in the admin section as pending and when I edit then accept it goes ok. No errors on that part. Only when i submit it for approval.

Here is the laravel log and the log.txt for the ACARS app.

I first noticed the error from the ACARS client. When I went to file the pirep it gave me the error message. This is what the config.php mail portion shows.

// Overrides config/mail.php
    'mail' => [
        'driver' => 'smtp',
        'host' => '',
        'port' => 587,
        'from' => [
            'name' => '',
            'address' => '',
        ],
        'username' => '',
        'password' => '',
    ],

I had the '' spots filled in with my info, but saw it wasn't actually sending mail. At that point pireps filed without a problem. Then I removed the stuff I had put in making it look like above which is what the reference at docs.phpvms.net shows. I'm assuming I did something wrong there and it still thinks I have something in the fields for some reason.