A few glitches in a new install....

kbohme

Hello,

I just installed this, and its great BTW ! Thanks for all the hard work.

I may have done something wrong in the install...I have some problems I just can't seem to figure out.

First..

The Dashboard tells me I need to upgrade, although I have the latest version...( should I just ignore that or is that a symptom of something else )

Second...

My pilots cannot make the avatars work. They won't upload. My avatars folder has 777 permissions.

Third....

and I have already posted this is a different forum...

The rank images aren't showing up. I am using photobucket to store them and using that link for the image link in the create form....but nothing. In place of the image I simply get a text rank, of a ie missing image box...

Thanks in advance for the help.

New Guy

• Administrators

Hey,

As for the update, that's a bug on my end that's been fixed for the next update. Avatars, I'll check it out, someone else reported some problems too. What type of image are you trying?

Rank images, photobucket might not like remote images. Can you try doing an image hosted locally?

thanks for the quick response...

The rank worked after changing the image storage....thankyou

The avatars showed no error, status, or anything after hitting save changes...just a pause and then back to the profile page.

I was trying a .gif file, but I will try others...

Now I am new to this, and looked at my server info and GD wasn't listed...although I'm afraid I have no idea what it is or what I'm looking for..srry..

I am using 000webhost.com though if that means anything...

it does say that my file uploads are turned on and working though.