Mass emailer

mw308

Hi Nabeel

I'm getting a problem on 2.1.934 where when I send a mass email, it lists the contacts it has sent to, but no email is received. The contact form works fine. I've put a suspension on the outbound mail queue on the server and it catches the contact form mail, but nothing is caught for the mass email. I can't work out if this is a server setup problem or not. I am assuming not as the contact works. If it is I'll go back in and see if I can find the issue.

Cheers

Will

Says sent to 3 people, each group has 1 person in except all pilots which is around 50, but nothing goes through the email server. However if I send a mass email to an internal email address (internal to the server) I do get it, which makes me think it's a server config problem. But then how come the contact form works perfectly?

• Administrators

Says sent to 3 people, each group has 1 person in except all pilots which is around 50, but nothing goes through the email server. However if I send a mass email to an internal email address (internal to the server) I do get it, which makes me think it's a server config problem. But then how come the contact form works perfectly?

Config sounds possible. I'm not sure.. it's sent one by one, but all within a span of a second. They all use the same mechanism (Util::SendMail()). Could it be the mail server seeing a huge spike in mail sends, and just not sending it out?

Hmm maybe, but it does the same for just one to an external account. Will recheck mail settings again but now not sure what I'm looking for. Will get back to you on it. Is there any way to get phpvms to output all workings not just errors?

• Administrators

Hmm maybe, but it does the same for just one to an external account. Will recheck mail settings again but now not sure what I'm looking for. Will get back to you on it. Is there any way to get phpvms to output all workings not just errors?

Find this line here:

http://github.com/nshahzad/phpVMS/blob/master/core/classes/Util.class.php#L207

The ob_start(), and comment that out. Also, are you using SMTP?

• Administrators

"SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: someone@...". It could be a server issue as there's nothing in the log. I set the log recording level to 2 in the config but it's not catching all the queries for some reason.

The log right now just catches SQL errors. Do you have another SMTP server to try? Sounds like the SMTP server is rejecting it