Please help unable to change skin

nexiss

Hi all

Please help if you can, I have watched the skinning tutorials and would like to have a go at creating my own. I copied and renamed the crystal skin as instructed, refered to this site for guidance, but the admin control panel won't let me change over to my skin! its 02:30 in the morning I've been trying to work this out for hours please help.

many thanks

kind regards

karl

• Administrators

Hey Karl,

Welcome aboard!

The admin panel skin won't change; that's been "locked in" so to speak. There are too many things going on there to allow a skin change, a ton of Javascript and element IDs that need to be exactly the way they are for things to work. The admin panel theme has been redesigned for the next version though.

Hi thanks for the welcome, this script has alot of potential if I can get my head around it.

I appreciate that the admin panel skin wont change, but when I go to general settings select my skin from the drop down box and then click save, it tells me the changes have been saved but the drop down box reverts back to crystal, when I go back to the site it doesent appear that anything has changed.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...