Questions

dale0404

Hiya,

Before I carry let me apologise, I really do not know how to do any coding stuff etc for my VA. I am quite happy doing the admin side of things like adding flightplans, aircraft and all the other stuff that needs doing but actually coding stuff into the website is not my cup of tea!

So, I will probably be asking lots of questions in this thread until I am happy with my site, apologies again! I do search for things to try and find answers but sometimes the answers are not just available to what you actually require!

so, here goes!

Could someone please tell me how to add a signature to my forum posts? Obviouslyt I want the signature to relfect my VA. What code do I use and where do I get it from?

I am using kACARS and I am not sure if it is setup up correctly. When I am flying I do not see myself on the live map.

I have uploaded an image to my FTP area and I am trying to link to it. I copy the link address but it comes up with: ftp...... What is the proper link I should use?

I also want to add lots of different rank insignias and host them within my ftp then display them on the website so I will also need the proper link for those also. I could use imageshack or something but I would like to host the images because of dragging the image from another site.

Is it possible to integrate a TS2 or TS3 module so that it shows on the front page?

When you look at the flightplans and check the weather it only shows North America even if I am flying in Eurpoe. Can I change this?

If you would rather me submit support tickets then let me know but I am sure there are other people in the same boat as me!

Thanks

Dale

Guest lorathon

Dale,

I am the developer of kACARS. Please let me know what version of kACARS and phpVMS you are running. I will help you get on the map. I am sure it is just a mix match of versions. :D

Dale,

I am the developer of kACARS. Please let me know what version of kACARS and phpVMS you are running. I will help you get on the map. I am sure it is just a mix match of versions. :D

Brilliant mate, ty.

The version of kACARS is 1.0.0.5 and the site was only set up yesterday so I would imagine the latest version of phpvms.

Hiya,

Before I carry let me apologise, I really do not know how to do any coding stuff etc for my VA. I am quite happy doing the admin side of things like adding flightplans, aircraft and all the other stuff that needs doing but actually coding stuff into the website is not my cup of tea!

So, I will probably be asking lots of questions in this thread until I am happy with my site, apologies again! I do search for things to try and find answers but sometimes the answers are not just available to what you actually require!

so, here goes!

Could someone please tell me how to add a signature to my forum posts? Obviouslyt I want the signature to relfect my VA. What code do I use and where do I get it from?

go the pilot center in your website and click on the view badge link. from there it will open another page with your forum sig badge. Simply right click it and grab the url of it and add it to a forum signature area.

I am using kACARS and I am not sure if it is setup up correctly. When I am flying I do not see myself on the live map.

Author replied

I have uploaded an image to my FTP area and I am trying to link to it. I copy the link address but it comes up with: ftp...... What is the proper link I should use?

hte link should be something like http://www.yoursite.com/images/yourimagehere hope that makes sense

I also want to add lots of different rank insignias and host them within my ftp then display them on the website so I will also need the proper link for those also. I could use imageshack or something but I would like to host the images because of dragging the image from another site.

Same as above

Is it possible to integrate a TS2 or TS3 module so that it shows on the front page?

Simple. Just visit tsvoewer.com register your TS server with them and they will send you code to insert into your tpl file

When you look at the flightplans and check the weather it only shows North America even if I am flying in Eurpoe. Can I change this?

I really can't comment. I have not done European flights since I rebuilt my site with the latest phpVMS version

If you would rather me submit support tickets then let me know but I am sure there are other people in the same boat as me!

Thanks

Dale

I hope I was able to help out a little bit. Knowing some php and some html comes in REAL handy when developing a site with phpVMS. for a LOAD of free tutorials, visit http://www.htmlgoodies.com And for the record, no I am not affiliated with that site what so ever. I simply give the link freely because that site is how I got started and still to this day I visit it when ever I get in a jam and need a quick answer.

Rather than start a new thread I will put the question in here because I have seen how to fix what I am asking, I just cant remember where!

Anyway, if you look at my sig it says I have flown 14 hours or so whereas in fact I have only flown just over 9 hours. How can I change the sig to reflect this please?

Cheers

Dale

Rather than start a new thread I will put the question in here because I have seen how to fix what I am asking, I just cant remember where!

Anyway, if you look at my sig it says I have flown 14 hours or so whereas in fact I have only flown just over 9 hours. How can I change the sig to reflect this please?

Cheers

Dale

If must have fixed itself because your sig says you have 9.34 hours.