Downloads section

LesJar

I like the division by tabs of the downloads section but I would like to make some suggestions as to what could be done to give a sub-division of the section like Aircraft

Having all the Aircraft you can download from the Virtual Airline on what amounts to one page gives rise to fragmentation as repaints get done. You can start with an A320 repaint and do other types and then come back to another A320. It would be nice to be able to have subdirectories so that you can slot your aircraft into the same place as all the other A320's.  As a precursor to this many Virtual Airlines support different simulators as does PHPVMS so it seems logical to have a major tab for each simulator and then have the aircraft types below that.  That way the repaints for Fenix A320 are not mixed up with Flight Factor or Toils A320's.  

My immediate thoughts are yes it can be done since the download tab already brings up the various tabs such as Acars , Airports, Sublet and Aircraft so the blade or software running the downloads should be able to be 'edited' to accommodate other download categories. Likewise the file structure of these folders could also be defined.

I am asking if anyone has already done this to the downloads before trying to do it myself as then I can learn where it has been done and thus lessen the learning curve .

Also in return if I get this to work I will post a 'Customisation' document to help others as part of this PHPVMS V7 community.

Edited by LesJar
typos

No need to move the post as it will apply to default theme too.

As you found out, what you see and wondered about was a theme feature, a blade file, which you can customize as you wish under your duplicated theme (and share with people if you wish so)... phpVMS v7 returns the data to frontend with some basic grouping as it should (like aircraft, airline, airport etc.) you can re-group or sub-group the end results as you wish. As far as I remember my design, they should be ordered by name (array natural sorting).

Good luck

15 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

No need to move the post as it will apply to default theme too.

As you found out, what you see and wondered about was a theme feature, a blade file, which you can customize as you wish under your duplicated theme (and share with people if you wish so)... phpVMS v7 returns the data to frontend with some basic grouping as it should (like aircraft, airline, airport etc.) you can re-group or sub-group the end results as you wish. As far as I remember my design, they should be ordered by name (array natural sorting).

Good luck

Thanks I found the Blade and will try a few things out naturally of course back-up the software first . To subdivide into groups I think that the file names will need to have a standard set of names so that the sub-group(s) can pick them up of course. 

6 hours ago, LesJar said:

Thanks I found the Blade and will try a few things out naturally of course back-up the software first . To subdivide into groups I think that the file names will need to have a standard set of names so that the sub-group(s) can pick them up of course. 

Of course, you can check https://github.com/nabeelio/phpvms/blob/6b9658a4e37e193e00e5b1f4b1084130a64aaf1c/app/Http/Controllers/Frontend/DownloadController.php#L55-L65 to see how the files are named and grouped in the controller. You can also check default theme to see the default naming 'cause my theme removes some portions of the names to have better display.

Then you can play with the php array to re-group or sub-group stuff as you like ;)

I do not know how you will organize your files to have some "Fenix A320" group but it should be possible with some loops and php functions doing array searches etc.

Good luck

To be honest, what I am wondering is, how you will separate these "registration" based core v7 groups, what will be the impact on page load ? This will definitely need some loops in loops or multi level array functions to pick up same addon developer repaints (like Fenix or Zibo etc) and then add them to a new array, finally display that array with a group name "Zibo Liveries" etc.

image.png.bb6945e5285ce922d2c8f6f6b5ad25dd.png

11 hours ago, DisposableHero said:

To be honest, what I am wondering is, how you will separate these "registration" based core v7 groups, what will be the impact on page load ? This will definitely need some loops in loops or multi level array functions to pick up same addon developer repaints (like Fenix or Zibo etc) and then add them to a new array, finally display that array with a group name "Zibo Liveries" etc.

image.png.bb6945e5285ce922d2c8f6f6b5ad25dd.png

What I was thinking was a notation for the livery file name as follows  WWWW-XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZZZZ

where WWWW is the simulator i.e. MSFS or XP12 or P3D5

where XXXX is the aircraft type i.e A320 or BN2P

where YYYY is a code for software i.e. PMDG FENI TOLI ASOB 

where ZZZZZZZ is the registration number i.e. G-AABX G-AABY

thus you could do a couple of Fenix A320 repaints with different registration numbers as I re[paint using aircraft names such as Aberdeen or Dundee etc.

Just thinking about this if the files automatically get sorted by filename then without any changes they would be in the order I am trying to achieve.

after that then the 'bells and whistles' is not to display all under generic Aircraft but to slowly introduce these sub-group. layers and to see what impact they have on loading . Maybe just start with simulator and that would be enough perhaps