Problem with phpVMS v5

Alexan

• Administrators

A few things.

1 - you posted in the phpVMS v7 section of the forums not the v5 section. I will move this to the v5 section.

2 - we need to know PHP version, MySQL/MariaDB version, exact phpVMS version.

3 - new install or existing install?

4 - what was the last thing you did that caused the error?

5 - did you make any changes to app.config.php at any time?

• ProAvia changed the title to Problem with phpVMS v5
9 hours ago, ProAvia said:

A few things.

1 - you posted in the phpVMS v7 section of the forums not the v5 section. I will move this to the v5 section.

2 - we need to know PHP version, MySQL/MariaDB version, exact phpVMS version.

3 - new install or existing install?

4 - what was the last thing you did that caused the error?

5 - did you make any changes to app.config.php at any time?

1- Sorry for posting in the wrong place.

2- PHP Version 7.4 -- MariaDB 10.6 -- phpVMS I'm not really sure, but I think it was 5.6

3- Existing install

4- The problem happened for the following reason:
I could not connect to the host files via FTP on another host that I have with the same company
When the representative enabled my FTP account, I mistakenly thought that I had connected to the FTP account of another account that is not the VA, and I deleted the following files:
1 assets
2 airports
3 admin
4 .well-known - I don't know if this file belongs to the VA but it was one of the deleted ones
When I realized that I had deleted these files by mistake of the VA, I told a representative of my host to do a restore, but he couldn't get the page to work

5- No, I did not make any changes in app.config.php, only what was explained in answer 4

• Administrators

For phpVMS version, go to /public_html/core and look in the version file.

Report back here with the contents.

How old is this install?

There is no phpVMS 5.6 - there is 5.5.2 and 5.5.2.72

Neither will fully work with PHP 7.4 and/or MariaDB 10.6

For full functionality of phpVMS 5.5.2.72, PHP version from 7.0 to 7.2 and MySQL 5.6 to 5.7.4 or MariaDB up to 10.2 .

For phpVMS 5.5.2, PHP version 5.4 to 5.6 and MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB up to 10.2 .

If your database for this install is intact, time to move to phpVMS v7 by doing a legacy import.

Check the docs link in the menu at the top of the page for minimum requirements.

Check if your host support all minimum requirements.

I guess you could try recreating assets, airports and admin.

But it may not be worth the time it takes and there may still be other issues.

My brother
Everything you explained to me helped me a lot, I was able to get the page working, I just had to change the PHP version to 5.6

About switching to phpVMS 7 version
I would like to do it, but I have many customized modules, which would have to be adjusted so that they work in the new version
Can you upgrade to phpVMS 7 and adjust all the modules and the entire page?
I will pay for the service

• Administrators

V5 modules will not work in V7.

They can not be easily converted and would likely need to be fully re-developed.

Chances are that with MariaDB 10.6, you will find that some needed fuctions don't work as expected or at all.

Check out v7. Many items that required modules in v5 are included in v7.

Once v7 is in general release, I anticipate that new modukes will be developed.

Go to the admon page and look in the lower right corner.

What phpVMS version are you using?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Alexan said:

PhpVMS 5.5.2

PHP 5.6 will work with that phpVMS version.

You will still have functionality issues with MariaDB 10.6 though.

I'd suggest installing the latest dev release of phpVMS v7 to a subdomain and looking into what is actually included and what addons are available. You may find that some of your v5 addons aren't needed.

As hosts update PHP and MySQL/MariaDB versions, phpVMS v5 will have more issues and eventually cease to work.

About the only way around that is to run your own VPS.

hi
I understand and I know that everything you say, you are right.
For a long time I have wanted to upgrade to phpVMS 7
But I want to keep the same design of the VA
Therefore, I asked you, if you can upgrade my VA so that all the modules it currently has can be maintained?
The reason is that the modules are not only installed, they are also customized to the VA

1 hour ago, PaintSplasher said:

No, it would be best to create every module you have for v7 nearly from scratch. There is no possibility to just rework or just modify a few lines of the modules to get those to work in v7.

wow, if it is that way, all the money invested to customize the VA is lost every time a new version of phpVMS is released

• Administrators

phpVMS v2/v5 is over 15 years old. Much has changed in that period of time.

It's had a good run. No software works forever. Time to move forward.

phpVMS v7 is the first major rewrite in 15 years. 

• Administrators

Your current skin in v5 will NOT import to v7 as a theme. However, you can customize the default, use the Disposable freeware theme or do your own theme to closely mimic your present look and feel.

Airports, airlines, flights (schedules in v5), PIREPS, pilots will all import.

Your best bet is to install v7 using option 1 to a subdomain via the legacy import and see what it looks like and what it moves over from v5. This way, you can play around with it and tweak it without affecting your present live v5 site.

Just process all PIREPS, make a backup of the v5 database and use that backup db for the legacy import.

There is also an addon to import awards - although it may be for a specific v5 awards module.

The same developer who did the awards import addon is working on other addon imports as well.

Do you know anyone who can do that for me? I don't have much time to do it? For that reason I asked you if you could do it, I will pay for the service, or do you know someone who can do it?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Alexan said:

Do you know anyone who can do that for me? I don't have much time to do it? For that reason I asked you if you could do it, I will pay for the service, or do you know someone who can do it?

No - but it's not difficult and should take less than 1 hour.

See the docs for info - https://docs.phpvms.net/

3 hours ago, PaintSplasher said:

And now you will be surprised, you do not need to buy it, it's free to download. Join the discord server, there is a specific channel where you can always download the latest version of phpvms v7 for free.

thank you for let me know

7 hours ago, ProAvia said:

No - but it's not difficult and should take less than 1 hour.

See the docs for info - https://docs.phpvms.net/

ok, thanks for all the help you have given me, I will download v7 and continue looking for a developer to upgrade me because I don't have much time to work on it

again thank you very much