Latest Version Timezone errors

Calfuray

I have the following error on pretty much all the pages. The line number changes with each page it seems.

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for '-7.0/DST' instead in F:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\core\modules\news\news.php on line 45

or

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for '-7.0/DST' instead in F:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\lib\skins\crystal\layout.tpl on line 117

I also got the following error to start out with but it seems to have corrected itself.

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for '-7.0/DST' instead in F:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\core\classes\CodonCache.class.php on line 201

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey Guys, I know this Post is very old, but i have the Solution of this Problem.

Now u don´t need to add or create a php.ini File u only open up the local.config.php in your core Folder and edit following Line

Find this in your local.config.php

# See more details about these in the docs
Config::Set('PAGE_EXT', '.htm'); # .htm is fine. You can still run PHP
Config::Set('PILOTID_OFFSET', 0); # What # to start pilot ID's from
Config::Set('PILOTID_LENGTH', 3); # Length of the Pilot ID
Config::Set('UNITS', 'nm');   # Your units: nm, mi or km
Config::Set('LOAD_FACTOR', '82'); # %age load factor
Config::Set('CARGO_UNITS', 'kg');

and than insert a new line looks like this

# See more details about these in the docs
date_default_timezone_set('CET'); # Setup the Timezone "CET, UTC"
Config::Set('PAGE_EXT', '.htm'); # .htm is fine. You can still run PHP
Config::Set('PILOTID_OFFSET', 0); # What # to start pilot ID's from
Config::Set('PILOTID_LENGTH', 3); # Length of the Pilot ID
Config::Set('UNITS', 'nm');   # Your units: nm, mi or km
Config::Set('LOAD_FACTOR', '82'); # %age load factor
Config::Set('CARGO_UNITS', 'kg');

Now u have set the PHPVMS Timezone to Central European Time, u can also take the UTC Time.... This works and helps out to fix this problem on the Page of my friend - Hamburg Airways Virtual