FSacars flight time

packo88

G'day,

Since the update version of PHPVMS in FSacars the "flight from VA" button works but when I Stop Log and then except the flight I get a conversion error. Then when I look at the log I have a zero hour flight. The flight uploads to the VA ok but with zero hours. I have tried using FSacars to record the flight entering all the flight/plane data manually and everything works fine so there seems to be a problem still with getting flight from VA. I have tried reinstalling FSacars and I have used the latest .ini but still have the same problem.

I just did a full reinstall of FSacars and still have the same fault. Here is the log for a short flight

Log File:

View Log

[65535/65535/65535 05:39:00]

Flight IATA:FRA204

Pilot Number:FRA0001

Company ICAO:FRA

Aircraft Type:C182

Aircraft Registration:C182

Departing Airport: YKAT

Destination Airport: YSCN

Online: No

Route:YKAT - YSCN

05:39 Zero fuel Weight: 1994 Lbs, Fuel Weight: 141 Lbs

05:40 Parking Brakes off

05:40 Com1 Freq=129.30

05:40 VR= 062 Knots

05:40 V2= 061 Knots

05:40 Take-off

05:40 Take off Weight: 2134 Lbs

05:40 Wind: 000? @ 000 Knots Heading: 065?

05:40 POS S34? 02? 12?? E150? 41? 24??

05:40 N11 85 N12 00

05:40 TOC

05:40 Fuel Weight: 142 Lb

05:40 Flaps:2 at 61 Knots

05:41 Flaps:1 at 66 Knots

05:41 Flaps:0 at 75 Knots

05:43 Flaps:1 at 96 Knots

05:45 Land

05:45 Wind:000?@000 Knots

05:45 Heading: 065?

05:45 Flight Duration: 00:00

05:45 Landing Weight: 2132 Lbs

05:45 POS S34? 02? 20?? E150? 41? 04??

05:45 Parking brakes on

05:45 Block to Block Duration: 00:00

05:45 Final Fuel: 138 Lbls

05:45 Spent Fuel: 02 Lbls

05:45 Flight Length: 06 NM

05:45 TOD Land Length: 06 NM

• Administrators

Thanks, I see this:

05:45 Flight Duration: 00:00

05:45 Block to Block Duration: 00:00

Means FSACARS isn't reporting the time correctly, so it's not a phpVMS bug.

Check that you have the latest version of FSUIPC, reinstall it and FSACARS.

The only thing I could find on their forums was, but no solution, and seems a bit "out there"

http://www.satavirtual.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=555&p=2123

The data conversion error most likely has something to do with it.

Update your .NET framework (not sure if it uses .NET, but worth a shot), there's gotta be some common denominator.  It's most likely written in Visual Basic, maybe updating the VB6 Runtime Library. What OS are you guys using?

Try posting something on their forums too, maybe you'll get lucky

I am using Vista 64bit and everything is up to date. The strange thing is that when I use fsacars manually everything is fine. When I used the previous version of phpvms where the get flight from VA button was only getting the first flight from the schedule everything was fine. It’s only been since we had the current version of phpvms that thinks have stopped working. It’s not just me either, I have another pilot on my VA that uses FSacars and he has the same problem. I find it hard to believe that it’s a FSacars bug as it would have been picked up by now as it hasn’t needed an update since 09/09/2004. It is such a shame as FSacars flight loading and logging is one of the best features of using phpvms making it so easy to lodge a pirep.

Thanks for all your help so far Nabeel. This is a great project your working on.

• Administrators

Try sending me the full log.

The odd thing is, I haven't touched FSACARS code in phpVMS since 1.1.458 (over 200 code check-ins ago). I manually compared the FSACARS module code and couldn't find any differences. It's essentially the same, except for the flight from VA.

There's a ton of bugs with it, particularly on the reporting side which I've compensated for. If it's just now the latest bid flight that's the problem, can you send me your FTP and URL, and your pilot id, so I can take a look and see if I can spot anything behind the scenes?

I thought I had it fixed with the latest beta, but it seems as though it's cropping up again. It's most likely a dumb mistake on my part.

Thanks

• Administrators

Something that I notice:

View Log

[65535/65535/65535 05:39:00]

What's the date and time on your server?

Set those fields manually (they are to the left of the "Start Log" button), set the date and time properly, let's see if that helps

OK I did a couple of flights with the current time set and it was still the same  :'(

Flight using the Get Flight From VA button

The log time was

[65535/65535/65535 05:47:00]

05:52 Flight Duration: 00:00

05:52 Blockto Block Duration: 00:00

and the real flight time was 26min

But when I did the same flight with manually entered flight details

The log time was

[2009/02/27 07:13:00]

07:41 Flight Duration: 00:27

07:41 Block to Block Duration: 00:27

looks like the date has something to do with it. I set the date and time before the flight but when using the get flight from VA button and look at the flight log it has changed to something different ie [65535/65535/65535 05:47:00]

If you still want my ftp and http details let me know and i will send them in a PM

looks like we are getting closer Nabeel. All goes OK and after stop log i dont get an error. The date is correct in the log with the correct date :) but when i go to send log i get an error "Error Sending Log Data Base Error" and I cant send log to VA  ???

I just checked again and i find that after i press "send log" it shows pilot ID then goes to show flight results with an OK and a Cancel button. There in the flight results the date has gone back to 65535/65535/65535 :-( and if i press ok i get the error

Well done Nabeel, Looks like you have done it :-) I just did a couple of test flights and everything worked fine. Just one thing I noticed was that the pax number still gets put into the cargo box when I load the flight from VA. It doesn't bother me but I thought you may want to know. Thanks heaps for the prompt service in the help and bug fixing department. You have outdone yourself. Keep up the good work, I hope this venture turns out to be something even more special than it is now.

Hi Nabeel,

Thanks for the fix for FSacars.  I only have one problem left in that when the flight is filed on completion it sends the last flight I did rather than the current one.  I have sent you an email with all the details.  You may still have my ftp and login details to help.

John