kACARS interest in X-Plane

maxwaldorf

Message for the dev, with X-plane growing, is there any chance to support X-Plane one day ?

I might not be a coder but I know a few things about X-plane...

Cheers !

Have you tried using XUIPC with Kacars to see if it would work?

http://www.tosi-online.de/First.html

Some people have successfully gotten other FS programs to work with XPlane using it. If you have it, it is worth a try.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

HI guys,

I have just tried this again with the new version of XPUIPC Version 1.9.0 and i couldnt seem to find a problem with it it the way its logging data, the only thing i found so far was it reporting 0 and heading on the maps but that's no big problem.

Fuel T/O data and Landing rate was all logged correctly.

The designers release updates to XPUIPC, their goal is for every addon to work the same way as MSFS through the interface.

Give it a try :)

Here is the version of XPUIPC for everyone to test.

XPUIPC.zip

• Moderators

Yes Jeff,

The mission statement from the makers were to continue to add functionality so eventually all offsets were the same as FS, from that i have tested (not extensively) its seems to be OK, the only things that are not happening is the aircraft type and the heading for the live acars, apart from that it seems to be performing OK.

Guest lorathon

Thanks Mark,

Good to know. I have read there site and knew that the ultimate goal was a drop in replacement for FSUIPC. Glad to see that they are moving forward. This will make it easier on me whenever I get around to xPlane.

Yes Jeff,

The mission statement from the makers were to continue to add functionality so eventually all offsets were the same as FS, from that i have tested (not extensively) its seems to be OK, the only things that are not happening is the aircraft type and the heading for the live acars, apart from that it seems to be performing OK.

Well, it works ok with some planes but there are still some bugs here and there...

Don't know if the VS touch is working since I haven't tested it completely.

Will keep posted !

Cheers !

• 2 weeks later...