Military VA's

CAFB012

Is anyone using phpVMS in a military VA environment?  I'm looking at quite a bit of customization and trying to make a decision as to whether it's worth the extra effort.  While phpVMS looks like an excellent program for a civilian airline it does not provide for the kind of freeform route structure required by the military (any airport to any airport); a rank structure based on merit, not flight hours; pay has no real meaning; etc.

A helpful pointer to a really good military admin program that will run on a Windows server (even payware) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Now tell me where the realism is in that?

The last time I was in, we had set schedules that we were required to fly. Yea, I admit we had some BS flights, but even those had a set schedule.

I am working on a mil va based around phpvms. I will admit that I have had to modify 2 things so far and everything is working out as I would like.

My reccomendation would be to be able to change the types of flights. Instead of having only Charter, Cargo, and Passanger, why not add in Training and Mil flights?

• Administrators

For now you can set flight-types to charter. The only thing affects is revenue.

Next revision what I'm doing is allowing flights from one airport, back to the same airport. Someone suggested that in another thread, to count for "sorties" flown around and coming back.

Hopefully that's a solution in the sort-term.

This change has actually already been made in the latest beta version