Just Started Couple Questions

Guest Stormchaser

Guest Stormchaser

Hey got a couple or a lot of questions dont have to answer them all but appreciate any help.

1. Going to have cargo division and passenger division for now. Multiple airlines but all pilots will have one airline code "AHL" when they register how do I prevent them from having the option to signup under any of my airlines?

2. Also how do I get the pilot to signup either as a cargo pilot or a passenger pilot?

3. Messing around with skins tried to modify my main page with frontpage changing pictures so forth for index.html. Didnt work cause only html file. What is a good program to modify pages?

4. Ranking system. How do I put ranks in like CEO, Division President that are independent of flight hours?

Guess thats it for now. Love phpvms. Took awhile to get it installed but running good now. Adding routes. Great Software!!

• Administrators

Hey

1. Going to have cargo division and passenger division for now. Multiple airlines but all pilots will have one airline code "AHL" when they register how do I prevent them from having the option to signup under any of my airlines?

If you search for this, it's just a quick modification of the form

2. Also how do I get the pilot to signup either as a cargo pilot or a passenger pilot?

You can add a custom field with select options

3. Messing around with skins tried to modify my main page with frontpage changing pictures so forth for index.html. Didnt work cause only html file. What is a good program to modify pages?

Those are done through templates

4. Ranking system. How do I put ranks in like CEO, Division President that are independent of flight hours?

Well you can select either ranking by hours or without hours, not both. For those CEO, etc, you can use awards for that perhaps?

Guess thats it for now. Love phpvms. Took awhile to get it installed but running good now. Adding routes. Great Software!!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

If you search for this, it's just a quick modification of the form

The problem with that is that one is bound to make an upgrade of the system and in such upgrade the modification one may have made to standard forms or logic will simply be gone. There could be a way to add certain features without having to mingle with the production code. I had this problem with some other VA software before.

BTW. If you want to have people assigned special ranks like CEO, etc. You can work around it by adding the rank pictures and creating a static page called Staff where you list the staff. In many cases a staff person would also be a sim pilot so he would have -in principle- a regular sim pilot rank and an administrative rank.

Anyway, I like phpVMS for what I have seen and played around so far, it seems I may after all have my VA running on January 1st :-)

• Administrators

The problem with that is that one is bound to make an upgrade of the system and in such upgrade the modification one may have made to standard forms or logic will simply be gone. There could be a way to add certain features without having to mingle with the production code. I had this problem with some other VA software before.

You're supposed to copy the template to your skin's folder, and edit it there. The engine looks for a template in the skin's folder first, before going to /core/templates. That way, templates can be kept from skin to skin. In a release, I list all of the modified templates, so they can be checked for changes