Install.php

João Paulo

Hello I have a problem in install.php, I put all data in their respective fields, when I click next step, the following error appears:

Fatal error: Uncaught <blockquote> <font face=Arial size=2 color=000099> <b> Last Error - </ b> [<font color=000000> <b> Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet ', system error: 111 (2013) </ b> </ font>] <br /> [<font color=000000> <b> </ b> </ font>] </ font> <p < / blockquote> <hr noshade color=dddddd size=1> thrown in / home / vhosts / globalpacific.orgfree.com / core / classes / eZDB / ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 99

I would like to know what can be and how to solve because I am already trying to resolve for some time but I can not, I thank everyone who help me.

from what I gather from reading other posts that came up in a simple search, the website is having a problem communicating with the database.

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/3820-solved-another-installation-problem/page__p__25872__hl__blockquote__fromsearch__1#entry25872

Be sure that when you created everything that your username and password for the database were correct. Also, make sure you used the prefix for your database username and password. People forget that very important part more often then you would think.

And welcome to the site. I can almost guarantee that most any issue you have with phpVMS as a new user has been answered in these forums. Please search for answers. AND perhaps the most important thing is, if you are using a free hosting website, get rid of it and get a quality pay host. Most free webs block what is needed for phpVMS to run. If you do now or ever do use a free host, support here will be next to none.

Please come back and ask if you are unable to resolve this issue. I have never had the problem so I am of very little help but many others here are quite clever and can help I am more than sure.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Look around on your hosting panel for your free host, there should be a manual or set of instructions on how to access a MySQL database from the free server, they are usually hosted on another server and you will probably be severly limited on what you can do with it. Once you have a database setup you will have a database name and password as well as a URL to access it, these are the parameters needed for the initial install script for the phpVMS application.

Once you have a database setup through your hosting panel, then use this guide that has been written by one of our newer users of the application -> http://forum.phpvms.net/page/index.html?record=36

The downside of your situation, as stated by Ray already, is that a free host will cause your life to be shortened by a factor of years due to frustration. A decent paid host, like Nabeels fivedev here in the forum, will pay dividends in the long run not to mention the stigma that va pilots get when exploring a va hosted on a free site.

Good luck with your endeavors.