Windows 7 & Custom Kacars

Bluemax

Gents, this was sent to me by one of my members, I don't have an answer. But I have been prepping to convert from Vista to Windows 7 myself.

"I installed Windows 7 yesterday. Can not connect to Kacars, error= .xml files not allowed.

With Vista I turned off "user account control" and it let kacars and vista exchange .xml files.

Do you know how to set Windows 7 to ALLOW .xml files? Other pilots are using Windows 7 so there must be away

No one on our teamspeak knew the answer".

Thank you,

Arnold "jaguar" Hinson AMC055 www.usavamc.com

• Administrators

Hi,

You need to run the program not the shortcut as administrator, this will allow kACARS to write its xml file in the background.

Yep, we ran into this as well and running the application as administrator cleared everything up for us as well.

This is what is posted in our forum for Win7 users. The path to the folder may be slightly different for different users but basically the same.

This is how I installed it and started it on my Windows 7 machine (64 bit) here at home.

Uninstall the application completely first, also delete the fsproducts folder in the c/programfiles(x86)/fs-products

To Install:

Download the application from this thread.

Right click on the zip file, click "unblock" and "apply" then close that screen.

Extract the zip file to the desktop (or anywhere you would like as long as you can get to it)

Install the application from the extracted installer

To Run:

Drill down to c:/program files (x86)/fs-products/ACAcars/kacars customizable and right click on the application, use "run as administrator"

Using this method the application started right up and I was able to configure the settings and login to the site.

Try installing it using this method and let us know how you make out.

B)