Add airport problems

Mysterious Pilot

I am using the admin section to configure my brand new airline and explore phpVMS. I will post problems as they occur.

My first thing to do was to add new airports, so far these problems with Add Airport:

a) The dialog that appears only has a "Edit Airport" button, there should be a possibility to have a

Cancel button in case the user wants to desist from the change. This pattern appears in several dialogs (Edit or Edit).

B) When you want to add an airport the dialog is always prefilled with the KFJK, IMHO it should just be blank.

c) I entered the ICAO code (MPMG) pressed Look Up and it got updated with Lat/Long and airport name (Aeropuerto Marcos A. Gelabert).

The problem here is that below there is a Live Price Check that remains in "Waiting for ICAO change..." forever! There is no

Cancel button so having completed that I pressed EDIT (the equivalent of OK, add changes) after I got tired of waiting 5 minutes.

What happens is that since it never receives a price change (I had left it in 0) then it simply IGNORES all the data the user

enters and the airport is NOT added.

What happens is that since it never receives a price change (I had left it in 0) then it simply IGNORES all the data the user

My findings indicate that it might be a problem with the AJAX functionality. If I remain in the add airport page to add another airport it simply opens the form/dialog with the data of the last airport I added even though I did not select to EDIT that airport (I used the Add Airport task). I did that several times and the result was the same, last airport being edited, my new data ignored.

If however, after adding an airport I go to another page of the administration console and return to the Add Airport page and click on the "Add Airport" task on the left, then the dialog appears empty (as it should) and my new airport data is happily accepted.

In the grid that displays the list of airports it would also be useful if you add an icon or so to indicate whether the airport is a hub or just a regular airport. An alternative to the icon is to use boldface for hubs but that may not be too obvious to some users.

BTW it would be nice if a City field and probably STate/Province (depends on the country) is added as well. At least City seems important.

There should also be a possibility to specify that there is NO FUEL available in an airport/airfield.

• Administrators

I am using the admin section to configure my brand new airline and explore phpVMS. I will post problems as they occur.

My first thing to do was to add new airports, so far these problems with Add Airport:

a) The dialog that appears only has a "Edit Airport" button, there should be a possibility to have a

Cancel button in case the user wants to desist from the change. This pattern appears in several dialogs (Edit or Edit).

B) When you want to add an airport the dialog is always prefilled with the KFJK, IMHO it should just be blank.

c) I entered the ICAO code (MPMG) pressed Look Up and it got updated with Lat/Long and airport name (Aeropuerto Marcos A. Gelabert).

The problem here is that below there is a Live Price Check that remains in "Waiting for ICAO change..." forever! There is no

Cancel button so having completed that I pressed EDIT (the equivalent of OK, add changes) after I got tired of waiting 5 minutes.

a ) To cancel, just click outside of the popup

b ) it should be blank... there's no default values

c ) close out the dialog and load it again, that sometimes happens when it's reaching out to another server. i believe it was a browser issue

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

The API Server is down due to recent attack.

Alternately

You can change the airport look up to geonames in your local.config.php

Find the simliar code, and change the value to geonames. If not, then copy the code into the local.config.php

Config::Set('AIRPORT_LOOKUP_SERVER', 'geonames');