Route Map (suggestion)

Mysterious Pilot

I have created my sample VA which I hope to bring online. Each of the schedules I have created have a real life flight plan in the right form, i.e. DAV b502 POXON/A050 r773 COT

In other words between each waypoint the corresponding airway name and some waypoints I have also given the target altitude. Well, that is what I learned in a nice virtual airline:).

So, I decided to experiment with the View Route link that is shown in the list of schedules. As expected it displays a map with the (optional) route. The map only shows a line between departure and arrival and not the line through the waypoints (if given). Also, the shown map is missing the [X] Close button that one has come up to expect with this type of image overlay.

Well the general format for a well formed flight plan is:

WAYPOINT airway WAYPOINT airway WAYPOINT

If there is an intended change of altitude, it is given at the WAYPOINT entry (no spaces):

WAYPOINT airway WAYPOINT/ALTITUDE airway WAYPOINT

And ALTITUDE may be an Altitude (Axxx) or a Flight Level (Fxxx). However you can ignore the /ALTITUDE part because it really doesn't matter in phpVMS. The only meaningul stuff are the waypoints because those you would look them up in the DB to fetch the LAT/LON. Sometimes instead of an actual airway you find DCT (Direct). WAYPOINT can be any VOR/NDB/FIX/InTersection, etc.

Of course, an uninitiated virtual pilot would just file a file plan without airway.