Just some questions... [ANSWERED]

Mysterious Pilot

I see that the system has two predefined types when creating schedules: Cargo and Passengers . Does it make any difference in terms of financials, points or whatever when you fly a cargo schedule in comparison to a passenger schedule? or is it there just for showing?

The system also lets you define multiple airlines which are then selected when creating schedules. This makes it possible to create some sort of "alliance" or conglomerate where pilost can fly one airline schedule or the other (I suppose there are no restrictions, are they? However, here the system gets a bit confusing in that while it allows multiple airlines, it does not separate their financials (for what i have read) nor does it allow the system to have a default page (predefined) with information about that "airline" without requiring the user to write their own modules or stuff to do that. Just an observation.

Also noticed that when you define airports you can enter the URL for a chart. However, this is rather simplistic as an airport usually has a series of charts (SID, STAR, APDC, etc.) One could for example have a one-to-many relationship in which charts are defined for an airport and the user can request basic information of a defined airport by means of a phpVMS url. This page could show stuff such as the links to the various charts (if any) that have been defined and associated to that airport and any other information the system has about it.

Anyway, I have been playing around a lot with the system and analyzing its overall design, that's why these questions come up :-) I am on my way to launch my VA "conglomerate" (2 local airlines) by January 1st. That is my goal at least... I hope to integrate an exam system and having admissions contingent on being accepted once some theoretical AND practical exam get passed. Reason for that being simple, I don't want amateurs that fly a jet into a 1500 ft. airstrip or fly without having a clue about the instruments or being unable to follow procedures. Most of those people simply fall off eventually leaving you with inactive pilots. Sure, it will be more difficult to recruit but it motivates people to do their best, feel some accomplishment and be "surrounded" by people that are just as serious.

Cheerios!

• Administrators

The link doesn't have to be a singular chart, it can be to a page which contains all the charts.

Separate airlines are just for schedules for now. They're not separated in financials, yet. There's no restrictions.

As for the difference, it's explained here: http://forum.phpvms.net/page/index.html?record=14