Installation Fails

TheFerret

I am running Windows Server 2003 with MySQL 5.0.45 Community NT and php VMS 1.2.628.

I tried to install php VMS. IIS and the server file system granted all the requisite write privileges, as per the instructions.

But when I try to run the installer, then:

1) Superimposed on the gray backround I get:

Notice: Use of undefined constant CACHE_TIMEOUT - assumed 'CACHE_TIMEOUT' in C:InetpubSiteswww.air.tziona.comcoreclassesTemplate.class.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined index: action in C:InetpubSiteswww.air.tziona.cominstallinstall.php on line 24

2) Inside the "white page" with the phpVMS logo I get:

C:InetpubSiteswww.air.tziona.cominstallinstall.php on line 59

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:InetpubSiteswww.air.tziona.cominstalltemplatess1_db_setup.tpl on line 2

What am I doing wrong?

OK,

Setting the php.ini to: "error_reporting=E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE" solved the problem.

But now there is a new problem. After filling out the 1st page with the MySQL connection data and testing the DB connectivity which responds with "Database connection is ok!", I get an error message "Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit" right below the "OK message.

I tried pressing "NEXT STEP", but it brings me back to a (now empty) intial setup page which I must once gain fill in with the MySQL connection info. Pressing "OK" again once again emties the intial page.

I can see that the the corelocal.config.php file is being created successfully, with what appears to me to be correct content. Also, the database tables are created - but only the RANKS table seems to have any content.

Thus, I can never successfully access the 2nd page of the installation procedure.

Safe Mode and register_globals are both set to OFF.

What do I do now?

• Administrators

Hey,

Can you PM me your local.config.php? Just curious if it fully generated.

Also, what PHP version, and are you using it as ISAPI or CGI? CGI always tends to have issues, if you can change to ISAPI or ask your host to do that, that may fix the problems (there was another thread which the same problems iirc)

Hi Nabeel,

I sent you the local.config.php to PM. Clearly, the file was NOT completed.

The PHP version was 5.1.4. using CGI. I upgraded to 5.2.9.1 and installed it as ISAPI. However, I have my doubts as to whether it was installed correctly, as I couldn't find phpisapi.dll on the disk and there are no files in the list of ISAPI filters in IIS.

Any ideas?

• Administrators

The file was completed, I omit the trailing PHP close tag, because PHP doesn't require a closing tag, and since in updates I do write to the local.config, it makes it easier. Most of the files have the closing tag also omitted to ensure there's no output before there's supposed to be.

Try downloading the full version of PHP, in the zip file, or the installer to do it. I think it's somewhere in the PHP directory, I'm not too familiar with IIS

Thanks for the swift reply.

I just reinstalled PHP 5.2.9.1, and figured out how to make it an ISAPI installation.

I completed the installtion, but noticed that on the final installer page that there was an error notice: "curl not init".

Then, when I tried to enter the admin page, I saw that on that page, and on all other pages, the page has both at the top and at the bottom the following error message:

Notice: The template file "C:InetpubSiteswww.air.tziona.comlibskinsCURRENT_SKINheader.tpl" doesn't exist in C:InetpubSiteswww.air.tziona.comcoreclassesTemplateSet.class.php on line 206

Also, there is only an ugly white boackground (I assume related to the error messages)

Finally, trying to save an avatar fails. I get a blank white screen with the above error message regarding header.tpl not being found.

Now what???