change ID

RogerB

• Moderators

I would reset the pilot ID count, I think but I done something like that similar to the schedules. But If you want to change the pilot's ID, then head over to that link, admin/index.php/maintenance/changepilotid and take a look and see if you can try to reorder the ID, BUT BE CAREFUL!!! Read everything before you jack it up and mess up the site, happened to me many times.

But other hand, for Advance things, go to your DB and go to the pilot, and edit the pilot per pilot ID's and it should work, but not sure. Be careful. Back up first before you jack the things up.

• Administrators

After deleting pilots, go into your phpmyadmin and run SQL:

ALTER TABLE phpvms_pilots AUTO_INCREMENT = 1

Or whatever your table prefix is.

I'm not sure that's the best idea, I don't know how MySQL will handle that with existing pilots, not sure if it will skip over to the first available ID

• Administrators

I've been using it for quite some time for various things. All it does is reset the next auto increment number to current highest + 1.

Not had any adverse effects yet...

Ah ok, then it's all good. I've just never done it personally, so wasn't sure how it would handle it