VA Central

Bluemax

This is a question and not a complaint. But It seems to me that the number of scheduled routes a VA has is the determining factor as to its rating. Although we are ranked 29th at this writing we beat many of the members above us in every category except the number of routes. We are a military VA with no routes, this criteria is preventing us from moving up the ranking. Please explain this.

www.usavamc.com

Schedules are not counted at all. It's primarily frequency of flights

Understand, this is not an important issue and it isn't my intent to challenge the system. I looked through the available information an never came accross anything that made "Frequency" a criteria. But what your saying, is a VA that has a 500 members and only have a third active daily, verses a VA with 50 members flying 100% active daily. The smaller VA will loose out on sheer numbers. I guess that how I understand this. Again, its not important and I didn't mean to take up anyones time with a silly question such as this.

• Administrators

Understand, this is not an important issue and it isn't my intent to challenge the system. I looked through the available information an never came accross anything that made "Frequency" a criteria. But what your saying, is a VA that has a 500 members and only have a third active daily, verses a VA with 50 members flying 100% active daily. The smaller VA will loose out on sheer numbers. I guess that how I understand this. Again, its not important and I didn't mean to take up anyones time with a silly question such as this.

It's all averaged out, and yes it does come down to the number of pireps vs pilots in the last 30-60 days. There's some "stepped averages". And yes, in the end the smaller VA might lose out, but that would be natural - recruit more members and do more flights... your rank goes up...

But there is some weighting to make it a bit more fair so it's not just sheer numbers

It's all averaged out, and yes it does come down to the number of pireps vs pilots in the last 30-60 days. There's some "stepped averages". And yes, in the end the smaller VA might lose out, but that would be natural - recruit more members and do more flights... your rank goes up...

But there is some weighting to make it a bit more fair so it's not just sheer numbers

Nabeel, thanks for the feedback. As I said it wasn't an important issue just more of a question as to how things work.....somehow we moved up to 26th since my inital post. We did get 17 new pilots but their not all up and running. We are very active which comes as a surprise for a military (Air Force VA with little structure) so we must be offering something people are enjoying. We have a few quarks in phpvms but we try and work pass them as I have not found any solution in the forums for the kinks. But this is not the place to get into it. Thanks again.

David Zaleski

www.usavamc.com

• Administrators

Nabeel, thanks for the feedback. As I said it wasn't an important issue just more of a question as to how things work.....somehow we moved up to 26th since my inital post. We did get 17 new pilots but their not all up and running. We are very active which comes as a surprise for a military (Air Force VA with little structure) so we must be offering something people are enjoying. We have a few quarks in phpvms but we try and work pass them as I have not found any solution in the forums for the kinks. But this is not the place to get into it. Thanks again.

David Zaleski

www.usavamc.com

What kinks, you can post about them here

What kinks, you can post about them here

Hi Nabeel, I have a 62 man roster as of this weekend. The one issue we have is with eight members (Original)their total flight counts reset to default every seven days. The only reason I can come up with for this kink, is at the beginning of converting to Phpvms after testing, I reassigned them (The eight members) ID's that were used during testing and the test pilots were deleted. Since then we have not reassigned ID for deleted pilots. It makes for a messy ID structure, but then not having the ability to delete aircraft, or routes no longer used make things messy. But its a small issue compared to what phpvms has to offer, so we work around problems when they crop up.

• Administrators

Hi Nabeel, I have a 62 man roster as of this weekend. The one issue we have is with eight members (Original)their total flight counts reset to default every seven days. The only reason I can come up with for this kink, is at the beginning of converting to Phpvms after testing, I reassigned them (The eight members) ID's that were used during testing and the test pilots were deleted. Since then we have not reassigned ID for deleted pilots. It makes for a messy ID structure, but then not having the ability to delete aircraft, or routes no longer used make things messy. But its a small issue compared to what phpvms has to offer, so we work around problems when they crop up.

That's really strange - do you have the cron setup to run every 7 days? Are PIREPs in existence for those deleted pilots?

You can delete schedules - the PIREPs retain the information they need. Delete aircraft... it's coming

Make sure you are exporting the PIREPS.

Ok, the strang thing is we are not loosing the pireps, just the total flight count. Evrything is working just fine it is just these 7 or eight pilots who's total counts are being reset every 7 days. My staff is monitoring the situation in an attempt to see just what is happening when it happens....I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd enable logs too (in my sig), to see if there's anything strange going on there

Just an update on the flight tracking. It appears the guys who are having an issue with their total flight count resetting, happens after they fly anywhere from five to seven flights....this has me feaked out. Same guys every time.

As for your comment above, I'm not sure what you mean, and wouldn't know where to change it or enable it, unless its in the admin panel....no nothing on code. Don't have you guys wisdom and knowledge in code or php....sorry.

Another update, these people are those that transfered from our old static site and transfering the hours and total flights. What happens is the total flights are resetting to the original transfer flights. This only effecting about half of the dozen our so that moved to the new phpvms site.