Rev 955 - several bugfixes

Nabeel

Hi Nabeel. Couple quick things. This build says it is 955 however, in the admin panel of my site, it says it is 956.

And when adding a ticket price in the schedules, it auto inserts that same price in the pilot pay field. Now I went and edited the pilot pay manually instead of the ticket price of say 95$ I changed the pay for this flight to 185 and clicked submit. The pilot pay for that flight reverted back to the ticket price in the pay field. So I went to phpMyadmin and looked, and the pay that I inserted is in the database. So it will pay properly, it just should not auto insert itself in the pay for flight when a ticket price is added. AND it I believe it should show the proper pay for that flight once adjusted and not show the ticket price??

Hope I did not confuse you. I am good at doing that.

Ray

Yeah exactly. When a user goes to edit the schedule, it inserts the ticket price in the pay per flight. Like I said though, once the pay per flight is edited, no matter what number it shows on that page, it is correct in the database as to what was put in the field by the admin. So it is paying correct for the flight IF the pay per flight has been edited.

NO was not aware of getting them there. I normally just grab them from the threads on this site when you post them.

Thanks for clarifying that for me Nabeel.

On a side note, have you got to look in to that expense filter thing? That to me is not a biggie, but now that I know what it is and what it does, it sure will be nice to be able to use. ;)

**EDIT**

When I click the downloads button on that site it only shows 3 versions.

* v2.1.934

* v2.1.933

* v2.0

Hi Nabeel. As you know from another post, I have a guy on my site keeping track of all numbers on my site. He keeps track of all flights and how much they pay and how much ticket prices are.

Now I have every single flight set to pay a different amount to the pilot per flight. Well, it is correct in the database and in the admin panel it shows the correct flight but come pirep filing time, it appears to be paying them the hourly wage.

I will investigate further and see if I am doing anything wrong, but as far as I can tell, everything is correct.

Ray

Ok it appears as though I am wrong. One pilot just had $73.50 and after I accepted a pirep her pay was up over 1k. I think I got confused when it shows how much money they would be paid per hour for that flight. I was expecting it to show total pay for that flight for some stupid reason. My apologies.

Is it at all possible to add a switch to show the correct type of pay for the flight? So say if it was by the hour, it would stay as is for now. If it is a pay per flight it would switch and say pilot pay for this flight was ( or is ) $XXXX.XX ?If not, then that is cool. Just a random though.

And for the record, since pay per flight is in effect, pilots are loving a whole lot more. Earning 1500 or 2000 for a 3 hour flight feels much better than say 90$ 30x3. ;)

Thanks for the effort on that Nabeel. I REALLY appreciate it.

Well, when editing a pirep, even if you have it set to pay per flight, it still shows the hourly rate which is confusing to some admins. Case in hand today it happened to me. My one admin had me looking in tables and all just to come to find out it paid correct. lol.

It says this flight pays 90$ per hour instead of saying this flight paid pilot 1395$ or something like that.

I was not sure if a switch could be created to show the actual pay when editing a pirep. I know when measurement units are switched on site via the config file, it shows up on site such as switching from pounds to kilograms. The text on site switches from lbs to read kg.

That's all. If not no biggie. He is strait now anyhow. I know and he knows it is paying per flight just like it is supposed to. ;)

• Administrators

Ah, I see what you mean. I'm not sure at that point that I really know which way they were paid. Is it enough to change the wording on that field to indicate that's the total amount they were paid?

Oh yeah I can change the words but it is always going to show hourly wage.

Thats cool though. I have explained to the ones that can edit and accept pirpes what it is saying in general and to not take it as face value. I know it is paying correctly and that is all that really matters anyhow. :D

Hi Nabeel, I fear I led you astray. Check this out, please note the pilot was paid in full, NOT what it shows in the screen shot. This is the part that is misleading to other admin. They think the pilot got shorted and add the difference to the pilots pay. The pilot was paid a total of $1300 for the flight, not $90 as shown per hour.

This shot was taken in the admin panel when editing a pirep.

pirep.jpg

Sure thing. Now I was just quite surprised by what I saw actually. In the pic you will see it says she was paid 30$ per hour. That is not fact at all.

As I said before the flight she had 70.23$ in her account. AFTER this flight she has $1091.23 So as you can see she was actually paid the correct amount for the pay per flight amount which is $1021

row.jpg

The row in green is the one in question. See it shows 30 for her rank, it pays $30 per hour. None of my flights are pay by the hour. Each one is pay per flight. ;)

I hope I have finally pointed you in the right direction. I apologize for not being specific enough at times. I am not so clear when needed.

• Administrators

What is each column? The view seems different from mine

I believe I'm going to have to change the way pay is calculated, either from all of the PIREPs, or a separate table

If it recalculates the pay, then the pilot's pay will be messed up (as it will go back to per-hour). I think I see the issue (code-wise)

Nabeel, I see you have released a newer version today, but if you would like, If there is a way I can get you that entire row from my database I will if it would help.

As I was saying, the pay was correct, it was simply displaying wrong as well. And I did recalculate everything last night and her pay never changed. So all is well in all reality.

I hope I didn't create an arse load more work for you than what you had intended to do. :(

• Administrators

Nah, looking through the code, there were a lot of places where the pay type wasn't accounted for.

I need to write some unit tests to ensure that it's been fixed up, but give the latest builds a run through.

The pay would have shown up correctly on the pilot's side, but not in the PIREP (since pay is attached to that). So that should be fixed.