AcarsMap Bugs

Kairon

Well I've been watching my acarsmap, it has an error one would help to know where to start to solve this problem.

When you're flying with kACARS it shows the distance Wrong, example:

If I'm flying when I KATL-KBNA and landing he says he is missing 50 miles, but this is wrong because I got to the destination and KATL.

When you're flying with FSAcars it shows the wrong heading, the aircraft are all pointing down 207 heading.

Does anyone know how to fix these bugs?

Thanks to all.

Try going into your schedules and make sure that the Coordinates are correct for both Atlanta and Nashville. You can check them by either clicking the Lookup on the ICAO in the Admin Center, or by checking with Wikipedia. Also make sure that if you or he chose to file a flight plan, that the waypoints are correct in acars. You can use Simroutes, FSBuild, Flight Aware or whomever you prefer that has a flight planner. See if any of these work for you. Another thing is that FSAcars doesn't really work that good anymore with phpvms, and you should either go with XAcars, kAcars or I think Lorathon (aka, Jeffrey Kobus) has a customized one you can purchase from his site that I hear is the best out there. I forget the website, but you can PM him about it.

• Moderators

Thanx Vans, I had forgotten the site...I will definitely be ordering my copy either April or May.

Hey Jeff,

I did remember you had one world virtual, did you shut it down and you seem to create a new virtual airline?

• Moderators

Yeah, I had shut it down mid last year due to financial problems (thanks Obama :angry: ) and finally was able to regain some control of my finances again. :blink:

That's good to hear Jeff. Glad your starting up again.

I wish the best of luck to you.

Guest lorathon

Kairon,

The FMC calculates distance based on the entire route (NAV point to NAV point). phpVMS calculates distance based on the location of the aircraft to the location of the airport (straight line) so there are bound to be a slight difference.