Cron Job

TAV1702

Since we have pay adjust built in to phpVMS now, I am wondering if it is at all possible to create a cron job that will pay adjust pilot spay weekly.

Like say for example, a hub managers pay is $5k/wk. On a set day, the cron would run and adjust the pilot s pay according to the weekly pay rate.

Problem is, if you have many different jobs with many different pay rates, how many crons would be needed and how would it know who to pay what to?

I have never been a cron job wizard. What I do not know about them can fill a book.

It would be REAL sweet if we can figure out a way to pay the staff their weekly pay and then have it either send them an email or even an AIRMail to let them know the pay has been deposited in to their account.

Guest lorathon

All you need to do is write the script and then call the script from the maintenance.php file. I have added quite a few things to the cron to clean up stuff weekly. It is actually easy to do. If you open the file and look towards the bottom you will see the various calls for the standard maintenance cron. I run my maintenance cron weekly. I also have another cron that runs every 5 minutes.

Now that I know it can be done, I need to learn how to set up and use cron jobs. I have only ever tried to use one one time ever. Was not something I ever needed or was interested in knowing. Now that I know I need to use them, I am in a big old pile of Sh<-----Snip! you get the idea. ;)