Search Schedule by Pilot Rank

How can I modify my flight scheduling/booking system (phpVMS standard one) to also search by pilot rank either standalone or as a modifier to dep/dest? The resulting schedule would show those flights for that rank and below. Thanks!

There is an easier way around all that...

First: open your core/app.config.php

Second: find this...

# Pilot pilots to only fly aircraft they're ranked to
Config::Set('RESTRICT_AIRCRAFT_RANKS', false);

Make this true.

Third: copy and paste that code in your core/local.config.php file so it doesn't get overwritten during any updates to phpVMS.

Fourth: change all your aircraft to the rank you want each of them to be flown by. Now when a member searches for a flight, only those routes that have the aircraft they are ranked for will show up in the results page.

Note: All aircraft at and below their rank will show, not the ones that they aren't ranked for.

• 1 year later...

Hi, i updated the phpvms to phpvms_extended (sqli i think and more options), https://github.com/DavidJClark?tab=repositories i follow the steps :

There is an easier way around all that...

First: open your core/app.config.php

Second: find this...

# Pilot pilots to only fly aircraft they're ranked to
Config::Set('RESTRICT_AIRCRAFT_RANKS', false);

Make this true.

Third: copy and paste that code in your core/local.config.php file so it doesn't get overwritten during any updates to phpVMS.

Fourth: change all your aircraft to the rank you want each of them to be flown by. Now when a member searches for a flight, only those routes that have the aircraft they are ranked for will show up in the results page.

Note: All aircraft at and below their rank will show, not the ones that they aren't ranked for.

But not work, a "student" or "new hired" pilot can see all routes, inclusive the routes (schedules) of commander rank.

Regards.