A little problem

TAV1702

Hi Lorathon, let me start out by saying thanks for the script. It is great! Several of us on my very little va site use KACARS error free. Works a treat.

I got a guy that just got windows 7 and We solved one problem for him by making KACARS as administrator. Then it let him save the va profile but in the main controls when he attempts to login with his username and password, it simply says Connection Error in red letters. I then told him lets check the .net framework. Sure enough it was current and yet he still has the issue. I have went through hoops trying to get it to work and nothing yet.

Any ideas of where I can have him go from here? I promise you I have read every post in this thread and even tried all fixes including reuploading the module to our website in spite of the fact that it works for the rest of us. I am now officially clueless. :D

Any thoughts or ideas you may have would surely be appreciated to say the least. Thanks for reading this.

Ray

Ray i also have gone through with the same thing today i also have Win7 and what i did is firstly it was not working for me either so i reinstalled the latest version of kACARS and then before starting the kACARS i did settings to run Kacars as Administrator by right clicking on kACARS icon on desktop there is an option to run as admin then i did my VA profile settings tell him to make sure about your VA URL http://www.yoursitename.com/foldername if he is putting VA URL wrong he must get connection error for sure after that tell him to make sre about windows updates .net framework mine worked now previously i was also putting my VA name wrongly Like http://sitename/foldername/index.php by putting index.php i got Error when i removed it i got the connection.

Asmara

HI Asmara. Yeah I went though all of that with him tonight already. I literally read every post in this thread and tried everything suggested by everyone and the problem still occurs. I know it has to be on his computer. I used his login info on my KACARS program on my PC and I was able to log perfectly. I even had him uninstall and reinstall KACARS. The only difference between his install and mine is he is flying FSX and I am on FS9. BUT that should have nothing to do with this error at all.

I really do appreciate the reply though. It made me stop and retrace every step I took tonight to try to make it work for him.

Make sure he doesn't have any 3rd party firewalls. I had the same issue with a pilot of mine and he had a 3rd party FW. He swore it wasn't it but when I disabled it it worked fine. If you said he doesn't just use a remote assistance program like cross loop to remote in to his PC and look for yourself.