PID numbers

Mark J

When i changed a pilots id from 116 to 103, the next pilot to join automatically got 117, i then changed 117 to 116. the next day a new pilot joined and he automatically got the PID of 118. is there anyway to fix this to where there are no blanks without changing everyone's PID?

When i changed a pilots id from 116 to 103, the next pilot to join automatically got 117, i then changed 117 to 116. the next day a new pilot joined and he automatically got the PID of 118. is there anyway to fix this to where there are no blanks without changing everyone's PID?

The system delivers the ID's in sequential order. From the past questions regarding this, I don't think it would be possible to change it to fill in the empty ones.

I'm going to repeat myself from the last time this came up (and damn I wish people would search before posting), with the amount of members coming and going in your VA, you will spend more time changing Pilot ID's than actually flying. You won't be able to keep up with it. You are better off just leaving it be, and just ignore it.

I agree Jeff. It is a real good thing that number is auto increment and unique or this system would have major issues real quick.

Seriously, I would leave the numbers be the way the system gives them. On another note, you can edit the config file to say what numbers the ids start out at.