Aircraft categories

I am working to setup phpVMS too see if it can replace the current system we use for our Virtual Airline.

In our case, we have about 50 different aircraft types available to our pilots.

Our existing route structure is designed to limit the aircraft available for particular routes --- for example they cannot fly a Cessna 172 from KJFK to KLAX!

We have assigned about 7 or 8 different "categories" for the aircraft, for example ...

Category "G" includes B757, B767, B787, A300

Category "H" includes B747, B777, MD11, A330, A340, A380

Can anyone suggest a method to employ using the aircraft and schedules tables to accomplish this restriction on the aircraft that can be chosen for a specific route? Note: We also have some routes that can use MULTIPLE categories of aircraft, for instance both category "G" and category "H". :o

Thank-you, :rolleyes:

Mytitanic

When putting the aircraft into phpvms, you are able to restrict them to ranks. So create your ranks, and restrict the aircraft to each rank. And inserting the schedules, don't put a cessna 172 on a kjfk-klax route, simple as that.

Thanks for the prompt reply Nightfox, but I don't think the "rank" suggestion will work for us....

All of our pilots are permitted to fly ANY aircraft in our fleet.

The category restriction applies to the schedules, for instance a B744 cannot be flown into or out of KFLL Fort Lauderdale.

Cheers .... Mytitanic B)

Currently, that is not part of phpvms, but if you know php and are any good at it, I am sure you can make a module that will do that, or edit the schedules page to allow that. Or you just create a rule, and make it public that routes must be flown with the correct aircraft.