Custom Registration fields

Tylor Eddy

G'day All,

I have to custom filed in my registration, they are vatsim ID, and Transfer hours

I would like to be able to make it so that the vatsim ID field has to be filled otherwise the registration will not proceed. How can i do this, without affecting my transfer hours field ?

any help with this would be great, it'd reduce errors by my staff when accepting registrations, by tacking out the fact that they need to manually check to see if the field has been filled.

Thanks Guys

Tylor

• 2 weeks later...

The best was is to use Javascript to validate what you need.

G'day Mark,

Thanks for your reply

I have had a look around on google for some javascript validation code, what has me stumped is how to implement it into the custom fields, is it possible to add to the errors given that come with the site, like the one given if you don't enter anything in the other fields such as first name for example ? are the errors sourced from a file within the site ?

• Moderators

Ok i see what you mean now, the customfields are rendered from registration_customfields.tpl, i have had a quick poke about but its not easy, maybe looking at the code where you create the custom fields may produce something.

I will have a look to see if its possible to make a field a requirement and get back to you.

• Moderators

Mark, you can add a new colum in the DB in custom feilds like req. and then go into the coding and add in the stuff. Like look at the examples and see what they produce in the first name and last name, ETC.

• Moderators

Ah ok, sounds good to me. Never thought of doing that.

It's almost like Airlines Enabled Feature if you may not know what I meant.

Like, if the field req value is 0, then it's not required in the coding, if it is the value of 1, then it's required for pilots to enter.

Ok i see what you mean now, the customfields are rendered from registration_customfields.tpl, i have had a quick poke about but its not easy, maybe looking at the code where you create the custom fields may produce something.

I will have a look to see if its possible to make a field a requirement and get back to you.

Thanks for having a look at it, very much appreciated :)