Confused

Boomie

Ok , you guys seem so very knowledgable here in the forums. However, I just don't get it. I have a great difficult time in learning by reading. If someone could take the time to just show me I can learn fast. I just can't do it on my own. Is there anyone that could just take a small bit of time to help me a bit. I would be so gracious. I would love to do it on my own but there is like a brick wall between my brain and what I read. Thanks to whomever can help me.

Ok , you guys seem so very knowledgable here in the forums. However, I just don't get it. I have a great difficult time in learning by reading. If someone could take the time to just show me I can learn fast. I just can't do it on my own. Is there anyone that could just take a small bit of time to help me a bit. I would be so gracious. I would love to do it on my own but there is like a brick wall between my brain and what I read. Thanks to whomever can help me.

This is a very strange approach to a problem, as you have not once mentioned what you need help with? Just about anyone will help you, but you need to lay out your issue. First, what is it you don't get?? Second, what is it you are having difficulty learning? lastly, what is the brick wall and preventing you from understanding what you read. What is it your reading that you don't understand. I could go on with this but you get my point.

You need to start over, collect your thoughts and explain your problem....If you are attempting to install phpvms, there is a "Phpvms for dummies guide" available in the document section. So, regroup and start over.

Ok, I do apologize for that. I have phpVMS installed as I have went with Nabeel for Hosting reasons. I would like to install the ObsessBlue 2.0 skin however, I have read the instructions on the forums and still for whatever reason I am getting lost between the installing in the core/lib/skins directory and the actually activating it part. Do I upload "ALL" of the files that came with the Download in that same directory (core/lib/skin) or just the required tpl. With the images going into the images directory??? This is where my brick wall is coming up. I would love nothing more that to be able to just be able to put up a half way decent skin (doesn't even have to be one of those $100+ professionally designed ones) to make it look nice.

Again I am sorry, I sometimes just need someone to tell me to regroup. I am wanting to use the ObsessBlue tpl (and tweak it) so work for my FedEx Virtual Theme VA. I have downloaded all the files from www.fspaintshop.com just need help pointing out where exactly to install them and to activate them.

• Administrators

Well, I'm not sure about that skin, but you can give it a shot - upload everything into lib/skins where the instructions say, and if the images don't show up, try the other folder.

It's just a bit of trial and error sometimes. To activate it, you go into the admin panel "General Settings" and there's a "skin" option there

Ok, I do apologize for that. I have phpVMS installed as I have went with Nabeel for Hosting reasons. I would like to install the ObsessBlue 2.0 skin however, I have read the instructions on the forums and still for whatever reason I am getting lost between the installing in the core/lib/skins directory and the actually activating it part. Do I upload "ALL" of the files that came with the Download in that same directory (core/lib/skin) or just the required tpl. With the images going into the images directory??? This is where my brick wall is coming up. I would love nothing more that to be able to just be able to put up a half way decent skin (doesn't even have to be one of those $100+ professionally designed ones) to make it look nice.

Again I am sorry, I sometimes just need someone to tell me to regroup. I am wanting to use the ObsessBlue tpl (and tweak it) so work for my FedEx Virtual Theme VA. I have downloaded all the files from www.fspaintshop.com just need help pointing out where exactly to install them and to activate them.

I use the ObsessBlue skin on two sites. This is not an easy skin to work. I don't know where you are at with this, but the best approach is to take the download (Obsessblue) and you need the most recent version of it as there are glictches in earlier versions.

If you have your basic Phpvms installed on your server (Not free Server) you have one skin in the Phpvms/lib/skins folder. Opening the skins folder you have crystal skin. With your FTP and sever side open move your folder (Obsessblue) into the server side skin folder. Now you have both the crystal skin & Obsessblue in the skins folder. Go into your admin panel - scroll down to Site & settings - click on General settings and change the current skin on the drop down and select the obsessblue skin and scroll down and save setting. Then click on View your site and be sure the skin is there. Note, I suggest you do nothing to the skin until you see it working on your site. If it is not working and you have errors, back space in your browser to the admin panel and re-install the the default skin and save.

In the Obsessblue folder there is an image folder that contains all the images for that skin. But there is only a couple you can play with unless you are experienced.

(1.) img_73 is your logo. You can create your logo and I suggest you remain within the dimensions of this image. This is a jpg image so keep it as such. You need to rename whatever logo you create (img_73) saved as a jpg.

(2.) img_15 is the image at the top left above the logo. This you can change. Follow the same rule here.

At this point I would not play with any other images in this folder.

Also in your Obsessblue skin folder there are a number of .tpl files. The only one you need to work, is the layout.tpl and the StyleSheet.css and I wouldn't play with any of the others unless you know what your doing.

The layout.tpl contains all the information for the scroll banner, quick news items and the heading box to the right of the quick news. Before attempting to make changes make backup copies of the layout.tpl and stylesheet.css in case you screw up.

Don't make massive changes at once, try something and upload. if it isn't right work it some more.

Stylesheet.css contains all the colors for text et cetera. The problem with these files, not much is identified to tell you what to change. So you will need to experiment. always keeping backups of your progress so you don't have to start from scratch. If it works, save it.

Once you have your basic skin working, then you can begin asking questions.