Still not got the hang of them

chris2

In the docs section and the Skinning and Customization Guides and then in Skin Elements do i add:

<html>

<head>

<title><?php echo $page_title ?></title>

<?php echo $page_htmlhead; ?>

</head>

<body>

<?php $page_htmlreq; ?>

<div id="container">

<div id="content">

<?php echo $page_content; ?>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

too the top of the coading? then desing my site like the navigation bar slide bar and all of the rest of it. I have got the hang of css i just carnt understand on how this skinning thing works. It is realld driving me absolutly mad!!!

can someone please explane to me how this thing works.

thanks

chris

The best thing to do is to look at the deafult crystal template. Study the layout.tpl file. Then look at the code you posted and compare.

The code you posted is a basic page that essentially would work. All your other pages that you wish to add, copy them right out of the core/templates folder.

So for example, you create your own skin called mySkin. In your folder of mySkin, you would place all copied pages from the core templates like the nav.tpl file, frontpage_main, etc etc. It really isn't that bad once you get it figured out. But that is the whole trick, getting the required code in the right places.