[SOLVED]How to Manual Rank

wpope

I did a couple searches for this, and didn't find anything - I apologize in advance if this has already been answered and thank you in advance for pointing me to the solution -

I would like to manual rank my VA. I have set the auto ranking to false in my app_config file.

However I am still not able to see how to change the ranking of a pilot. For example, I have three rankings established but my pilot profile is fixed on the default new-hire. How I can I switch the ranking of a pilot?

Thanks for your time and help.

R,

Bill

I don't know how to change the config, but you can change the ranks manually by going to the Admin Panel -> View All Pilots -> Edit (next to the pilot you want) and then change it from there...

I tried this first. When I go into the edit pilot screen it shows Current Rank "New Hire" which is the default rank that was built into the code, but there is no drop down menu or any other way to adjust the rank.

you first need to add ranks bgefore you can change them only the new hire is defould the rest you need to add

Right I did that, I have added two ranks. They both show up in the Pilot Ranks page, and I can go in and edit and save both of the ranks.

Neither of the ranks, well now that I deleted the new hire default, NO ranks show up at all.

I tried renaming the rank, no change. I even did a complete reinstall of the program, still no joy. Here is a screen shot to show you what I mean by not giving me an option or drop down menu in the edit pilot slot to change the rank.

3309tfa.jpg

Does a pilot, or in this case me, have to fly a flight first before I can change the rank?

Ok so completing flights doesn't make a difference, still auto ranking and will not give me a drop down menu to manually change ranks.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I expecting something of the program that it will not do?

Would you please let everyone know what you did to fix it so others can benefit from it?

Sorry all I really did is what was suggested in here.

1) After reinstalling, so working with the program from scratch... I left the new hire rank alone (didn't edit it or anything)

2) I added the two ranks that I wanted to add.

3) I went into and edited the local config file and changed the autoranking from true to false

4) Logged out of the system, and logged back in and the drop down menu with the new hire and the two ranks I added was there

So not sure I really did anything that the program wasn't already set up to do, other than changing that autoranking to false, and keeping the new hire in place (I deleted that the first install when I realized the problem). So I'm not sure if the new hire needs to be in there forever, but I'm ok with it if it does as I will be manually ranking pilots upon hiring, so they won't be a new hire for but a couple moments after accepting the registration and going in and editing to the appropriate rank.

You don't need to leave the rank names as they are, you can name them whatever you want. If you want to change "New Hire" to something like "Newbie" or "Rookie" you can. You can even change it to "Captain" if you want. "New Hire" is just there as a demonstration (starting point) for new phpVMS users.