Pop up window on site load?

MBrown

Hi guys,

Forgive me if I have missed it anywhere but I was just wondering if there was an addon or code that could produce a pop up window once a user loads the homepage?

I've seen a few virtual airlines on phpvms using such a thing and that's why I ask if there's an openly available tool for this as such?

Thanks for your help in advance, and don't laugh at me too much I'm not overly clever with coding :D

Ok thanks, I did try a few off GOOGLE but without much avail.

That's why I was wondering if there was anything specific to PHP VMS that I had missed :lol: You know as a feature.

The only ones I can generate are the type that get blocked by popup blockers and open in a separate window.

I was hoping for something that appeared more inline and doesn't open as a separate window.

Maybe not my place to say, but as a professional web developer, popups on page load are considered pretty much a no-no because the user didn't ask for it. Therefore, you'll find that the popup will get blocked by most modern browsers and some search engines might even penalize you as spammers utilize this technique to force users to see an advert. Just some friendly advice.

• Like 3

Cheers tutmeister, all the help is good.

It was nothing major just a little message box to let users know that it is simply a flight simulation website only and if they accept that then they can click ok.

So doesn't matter if it's overly complicated :)

Thanks again.