ETA

mseiwald

Yeah, sorry yesterday was a long day. I have a working code below, but it doesn't work in phpVMS as the only way I know of getting the remaining time is to use the API call <%=flight.timeremaining%>, which won't parse within PHP code (or at least not to my knowledge). So I haven't answered your question, but you might be able to work on it using this (you can manipulate the time by changing the hours with strftime:

<?php

$time = strtotime("now +07 hours");

print gmdate('H:i T', $time);

?>

You're welcome. Do you have it working yet? I've been working on it myself, but my lack of knowledge surrounding the way phpVMS works is showing.

This is my current code, just FYI. It's not working, but it explodes the HH:MM, allowing you to add the hours and minutes to the API call in theory. What I really need to know is why the API call won't work. I can echo it in single quotes, so it should work if I replace 12:00 with it, but it doesn't--very frustrating.

$returnedString = '12:00';
$returnedTime = explode(':', $returnedString);

//$time = strtotime("now +{$returnedTime[0]} hours, +{$returnedTime[1]} minutes");
// Or this
$time = strtotime('now +' . $returnedTime[0] . ' hours, +' . $returnedTime[1] . ' minutes');

no i havent got it working...I also searched everywhere and tried some things but it`s always the same 00:00 or nothing at all :( for now i`ve set it back to time remaining on the site.

i would have loved to get this working and show the ETA on my site but it`s almost impossible for me to find out why it doesn`t as i never ever coded anything before ;)

kind regards

Manuel

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Paul,

i just found this old topic and tried again to get this to work and surprisingly the code you have posted above now works perfectly on my site..... don`t ask me why.

I have this:

<?php
$returnedString = $flight->timeremaining;
$returnedTime = explode(':', $returnedString);
$time = strtotime('now +' . $returnedTime[0] . ' hours, +' . $returnedTime[1] . ' minutes' );
?>  

and it works great ;)

so thank you again for that