Flight bids

reed0427

When someone bids on a flight, is that flight only available to them until it is completed? I always thought "bid" was meant as "select" and that any number of people can select it. What's the scoop?

It depends on what you want to do. In the local.config file you can set it to when a pilot bids on a flight it is not available to anyone else until they finish the flight. In my VA I have that turned off so all bids are open at any time.

# If someone places a bid, whether to disable that or not
Config::Set('DISABLE_SCHED_ON_BID', true);
Config::Set('DISABLE_BIDS_ON_BID', false);

It depends on what you want to do. In the local.config file you can set it to when a pilot bids on a flight it is not available to anyone else until they finish the flight. In my VA I have that turned off so all bids are open at any time.

# If someone places a bid, whether to disable that or not
Config::Set('DISABLE_SCHED_ON_BID', true);
Config::Set('DISABLE_BIDS_ON_BID', false);

I have mine set this way already. Do I want to change True to False, or did you mean to make it as shown?

• 1 month later...

Yes exactly, when a pilot bids on a flight it is only available to them till they complete it.

Anyone with access to the admin center can remove any outstanding bids though. :)

Hope that helps.

thanks for this info..now only i know this...