Connecting Flights

Cloudva

Hello,

I was wondering, how would I be able to create a booking module where it looks for the system, for connecting flights as well.

Like I search EHAM-KJFK and I find:

EHAM-KJFK

EHAM-LFPG via LFPG-KJFK

EHAM-KBOS via KBOS-KJFK

etc.

I would appreciate any responds!

Vincent,

www.cloudvairlines.com

vpeters@cloudvairlines.com

Real Schedule Lite: This allows you to create your own connecting flight system using a certain aircraft that you specify for each flight. For example you add an aircraft (for this example Boeing 737-800), and for the registration, you would add a different tail number for every Boeing 737-800 you have in your aircraft list (something like N542DL, N543DL, N544DL...etc). Then you create your flight legs for every plane that bares that registration.

In layman's terms, your flights would be like this for the airplane that bares the registration N542DL: KATL -> KJFK -> KJAX -> KJFK -> KATL

Then you can add another one for N543DL: KATL -> KPHX -> KMSP -> KATL...and-so-on.

Random Itinerary Builder: This will allow the pilot to have your schedule search find random flights that depart from your current location. Once it finds the next flight from your location, it will then find the next flight from that airport you will land at. You can have it search one (1) or up to fifteen (15) flights at a time. It will then show you the random results it came up with (using what information you gave it to search for). If you like the routes it has generated, you can then bid for those flights. They will then be added to your flight bids. You can then fly all the routes it has just given you in the order it gave you.

If this doesn't help you, then we don't know what you are asking.

• Moderators

We use both systems and also the very popular Tour module from Simpilot, very popular those tours.

Sometimes pilots just want to be told where to fly, thats where the random flights from Jeff comes in handy and the adventure of completing a tour and gaining a badge for their profile.

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate it! I know Real Schedule Lite. And I get that. What I use right now is the booking modulee:

So when you book a flight: www.cloudvairlines.com/index.php/booking you can select departure and arrival airport. Then when you search for a flight from EGLL to KJFK it searches the schedule database and looks for direct flight so EGLL-KJFK, but what I also want is the option to fly to their for example via Boston. So you get your search results:

EGLL-KJFK

EGLL-KBOS-KJFK

So when you click on that flight you can add the flight from EGLL to KBOS to your bids and also the connecting flight from KBOS to KJFK not in one click (would be nice).

I hope someone understands me :P

If not thanks for the help anyways!

And if anyone will come up with some sort of code the credit will go to you on my site!

Vincent,

That's not going to be possible at the moment. Now, what I have done to move around this is, when I create the connecting flights, I add a letter to it that shows that it is indeed a connecting flight. Airlines use the same flight number on 65% of their flights for their connections, but, unfortunately, phpVMS doesn't allow you to use the same flight number twice for the same airline. This is the only way I have found to get the linked (connecting) flights to work. I attached an image to show what I did. I had to add three (3) more fields in the .csv in order to get it to show the added fields.

flightscont.jpg

Thank you Jeff, this is what I search! Only I don't need te connecting flights to have the same flight-number.

So how have you done this, would you like to share this code with me. And does the pilot just search for a flight from Las-vegas to Heathrow and thes finds this or is this something else.

Thanks in advance!

Vincent,

I can't share too much, then it wouldn't be original. If you look at this post I made, you can figure out how to add the extra fields in the .csv

On the images on that page, you will see that it is showing the "Meals", "Duration", and "Operated By". The operated By is actually typed in the fields under "Notes" in the .csv. The other 2 are added fields I had to create. If you notice in the above image, Meals is not included. I am going to be adding letters to substitute the names for the meals (services) the flight offers (Airlines use these letters as well).

For some reason after I create all my flights, I need to upload the csv twice in order for the extra fields to show up, but that's okay though. Jeffrey explains it pretty well on how to add the extra fields in the .csv, all you need to do is follow what he has posted and you should be able to figure it out. I won't be on too much, as weekends are busy for me, but if you have problems with getting it added, you can post here, and I will get to it.