VA Central Site

Bluemax

I had to pull my logo off one of my VA's to adjust the contrast. When I try and upload it again, I get this message.

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I changed the text and saved, no issue - but attempting to re-install the logo and save, this is the issue. Nothing has changed except I gave it a little more contrast as I mentioned.

• Like 1

This question is not and has not been addressed. I posted mine on the 9-22-11, others threads are a lot earlier than this. I didn't get one single response There are three separate threads regarding uploading images to VA central..........and no it is not an issue with corrupt images nor is it a cookie issue...its just being ignored and blown off.

This is paramount to the Obama White house, blame Bush, blame the Arab Spring, blame somebody, but don't fix the problem. If some of you who's so call in life is to monitor the forums for political correctness, please spare me your lectures I have had an ear full of it. I read a lot of the threads on these forums and I read the abuse dished out to frustrated members, those who are outside the inner circle of the phpvms elite, I would name them by name but I won't waste my time, you know who you are.

You pick and choose who you wish to help, generally those in that inner circle get priority treatment and the rest of us basically fend for ourselves. I'm not speaking for myself, I'm speaking in behalf of a whole world of members. You just need to go outside the box and read some of the responses and ridicule members get while seeking help from these forums. You need to get over yourselves and except the fact that many, many members do not understand the inner working of phpvms and when they screw something up and need help they come here often in a panic only to have one of the elite read him the riot act because he didn't like the tone of the message.

If you didn't want phpvms to be a public offering, why did you make it available to the VA community? There is no warning label that states this is to be used PHP gaurs only. Some of you I know and have respect for, but there are some who are like the grade school bullies who enjoy pushing peoples buttons to provoke a reaction to respond to.

I know this as I have experienced it first hand on several occasions. Just for the record, I'm not frustrated, I'm just annoyed ( For choice of a better word) at the treatment of lesser members that come too these forums. Just go and read some of the responses (Or no responses) to questions and issues presented by members, you can't make this stuff up. I may be in my middle 60's but I know the difference between what's right and just and what is wrong and unjust. The lack of tolerance, understanding and patients is often overwhelming. There is enough stress in today's world without having to be lectured by self righteous pompous twits while seeking help. You may not like what I have to say or how I say it (Or anyone else for that matter) but it doesn't diminish that fact, this is not a user friendly forum unless you are connected. So ban me, what do I care............the original post was never viewed and this will never be viewed...but I got it out of my system.

• Moderators

all issiues with va-central need to be revieuwd by Nabeel himself as we don't have acces to his servers.

as you know nabeel took a cut in phpvms to get some rest and time to fully develop in reallive.

secondly on my large screen the vacentral forum is on the upmost bottom and i need to scroll down so most members i think don't even scroll down.

SO AGAIN THIS IS SOMETHING NABEEL NEEDS TO LOOK AT AND NOT THE REST

SO WAIT UNTILL NABEEL OFFERS A SOLUTION

all issiues with va-central need to be revieuwd by Nabeel himself as we don't have acces to his servers.

as you know nabeel took a cut in phpvms to get some rest and time to fully develop in reallive.

secondly on my large screen the vacentral forum is on the upmost bottom and i need to scroll down so most members i think don't even scroll down.

SO AGAIN THIS IS SOMETHING NABEEL NEEDS TO LOOK AT AND NOT THE REST

SO WAIT UNTILL NABEEL OFFERS A SOLUTION

Joeri, I can appreciate Nabeel is on sabbatical so to speak, but it is he that responded to the other threads with the comments about corrupt images or setting your cookies. So he is viewing the forums. I don't know what the issue these fellows in the other threads are having , but they received the same error message I received. I don't have cookie issues nor do I have corrupt images. I removed mine long enough to fix the contrast and couldn't upload it. Presently you can not upload any images.

This question is not and has not been addressed. I posted mine on the 9-22-11, others threads are a lot earlier than this. I didn't get one single response There are three separate threads regarding uploading images to VA central..........and no it is not an issue with corrupt images nor is it a cookie issue...its just being ignored and blown off.

This is paramount to the... blah blah compare phpVMS to what I deem 'corrupt' political leaders/system blah blah

Complain about people who understand better than me

Complain about phpVMS being free

blah blah

I'm not going to quote it properly because it's a ridiculous post and I hope it gets deleted or censored or something.

Don't be so selfish and inconsiderate! My gosh! I wish the negative button was here just for this post and I could use all 5 of my daily allowance.

You talk about lack of patients (assuming you actually mean patience) - well, have some patience yourself Rather hypocritical...

Your issue is one only one person can solve. Guess what; I had an issue only he could solve, I posted that almost a month ago, it's still not fixed. See me storming around having a good old rage at everyone else? No. So shut up and wait.

On a somewhat related note, It always amuses me when people write 'so ban me...' - it's just provoking a response. You say you don't care but boy do you...

• Like 1

• Administrators

See if it's working now. Today was the first time I've been online in a while, and someone reminded me that it was happening. I completely forgot - I've had a lot on my plate lately. Let me know if it's working now

• Like 1

I'm not going to quote it properly because it's a ridiculous post and I hope it gets deleted or censored or something.

Don't be so selfish and inconsiderate! My gosh! I wish the negative button was here just for this post and I could use all 5 of my daily allowance.

You talk about lack of patients (assuming you actually mean patience) - well, have some patience yourself Rather hypocritical...

Your issue is one only one person can solve. Guess what; I had an issue only he could solve, I posted that almost a month ago, it's still not fixed. See me storming around having a good old rage at everyone else? No. So shut up and wait.

On a somewhat related note, It always amuses me when people write 'so ban me...' - it's just provoking a response. You say you don't care but boy do you...

Its the self righteous pompous twit like you I'm referring too. Butt out and find some other sap to poke. I read some of your comments in post, you don't help anyone you just lecture people. My post ran for over two weeks without a single hit and now you have something to say? Please, spare me your nonsense.

I tell you what Bluemax,

Go and pay for a virtual airline system where you can get 24/7 support. This is a free system, nobody has to respond to your posts immediately because you have payed for it. Nabeel spends his own time on this not relaxing in the sun. Just think at the end of the day we all owe a lot to Nabeel for everything. Be grateful that you have the opportunity to use this amazing software.

Jon

I tell you what Bluemax,

Go and pay for a virtual airline system where you can get 24/7 support. This is a free system, nobody has to respond to your posts immediately because you have payed for it. Nabeel spends his own time on this not relaxing in the sun. Just think at the end of the day we all owe a lot to Nabeel for everything. Be grateful that you have the opportunity to use this amazing software.

Jon

Nabeel, doesn't need members like you to defend him or speak in his behalf, in my world this is referred to sucking up. Thank you Nabeel for correcting the problem. Jon, your part of the problem. You don't come here to help people, you come here to add your two cents. Problem has been corrected. There are several key people I have a lot of respect for and then there are members like you. I don't know what you have contributed to phpvms lately. With my lack of knowledge I still managed to provide the document center with a guide for beginners called "Phpvms for Dummies" and I'm contacted all the time to help beginners, what do you do for biginners?

See if it's working now. Today was the first time I've been online in a while, and someone reminded me that it was happening. I completely forgot - I've had a lot on my plate lately. Let me know if it's working now

Nabeel, I appreciate the fix and I'm sure many others are also. I'm not going to retract my comments as Tom and Jon below are prime examples of what I'm referring to. I'm totally aware of the freeware status of phpvms. I spend a lot of time constructively going through threads learning and understanding the interworking of the program, as I mentioned several month ago I'm working on an advanced section for "Phpvms for Dummies - Advanced guide for beginners" to address many of the issues beginners are experiencing when something goes wrong. It is during this research is where I read the abusive diatribe of of crap that is dished out by some members. Its one thing to offer constructive help, its another thing to berate and put people down, treating them like fools, idiots or just plain stupid. I'm not intimidated by those people and I will contribute and do so all the time and I will speak my peace when I see members mistreated. I understand you have a lot on your plate, this is the whole function of these forums to relieve some of the Burdon off you. But it isn't working for everyone, just for a few. Again, thanks for the assist.

what do you do for biginners?

Firstly, I inform them with any errors in their site. This includes spelling. (It's beginners by the way)

2)I have released skins for people to use. This.

3)I have helped others with their site designs and coding issues so they can get their va underway.

4)Compare my reputation to your reputation. What does that tell you?

I suggest if you want to continue talking to people in your manner, you should read the posting rules here. It would sure make a great bedtime story for you!

Jon