Training Center

bunoire14

Hi Guys,

With work in progress on my new project (www.milairsim.com) I have plans to devise a few additions to PHP VMS to try and cater for the military side of this hobby.

I have just started work on a Training Center Module. The idea of this will be to have a user group of Instructors, who can then create training courses. These courses in turn will have lessons which will have the content and any documents/downloads required. Pilots can book a place on a course, as long as there are free places left, and once accepted by the Instructor they gain access to the training material. The instructor can then mark each lesson as complete for a student, and hopefully if i can figure it out... :-) this will then begin to build a Training record for Pilots. In the first instance i am working on getting this basic functionality in place, and if it would be of any interest to the wider community id be happy to upload it, but given its my first module, this thread serves two purposes...

1. to layout the concept, and gauge community interest, comments

2. To check the procedure for getting add on modules approved? Is it just a case of uploading them and letting the community run wild and ultimate break them, report bugs and improve them? or is there a pre-determined procedure to follow to get them authorised?

Any help appreciated

All the best,

• Like 2

People just pretty much create modules and test them and then upload them when they are ready and yeah, we all help each other improve them and some do break them and ask for help when they do. It is the nature of the beast. There really is no approval system like phpBB tries to implement which does not really work at all.

That is the good thing about this community. We all really do try to help each other when ever able to on a new module.

Hi TAV1702,

Thanks for that, Ill be sure to post any BETA versions of my modifications up for testing. This one has taken a back burner due to some other more important modifications i want to/have to make because of the unique VA we are trying to offer! :D

Can any of the PHPvms/PHP Gurus on here offer any tips on modifying the admin panel? So far my mods have all been done front end and managed by myself in the database, however moving forward this will become impractical, so i need my staff to be able to update the mods in the admin panel. I haven't got as far as looking into it yet, but wondered if theres any pitfalls i should be aware of before starting?

All the best,

Hi Mark,

how far did you get with it?

I have got as far as creating a database for Course and Lessons related to course. and Displaying courses and Associated Lessons on the Template (Mainly so I can see its working). But then got taken off task to do something else :roll eyes:

I'm happy to collaborate as this is probably one of the few add ons i'm looking into that has more universal appeal than just the military oriented ones I'm doing.

Olly