pricing and expenses

Edwin

To find the price of my tickets i find the same flight on a airline website like easyjet then of a thomons fly then take the avaradge.

thats an idea, but how do you compare it with fuel price and stuff like that. For example, i have a flight from ellx to eddt, say its 99eu, i'm going into a big loss due to fuel etc.

I had to do a lot of configuring to see how much the amount of the fuel price should be in order to come out with a fair result of income and expense. I use the real price amount for every flight I have that the real airline charges per ticket. The amount I have set in the config file is 0.99 (this is in USD) If you want it in Euro, it is 0.72

Once you have a few flights submitted after you change the fuel price, you can then come up with what expenses you want, then come up with a price you want to charge per expense.

i found at air berlin that they show how the ticket price is build up with base price, tax, duty etc and i made a good calculation from there which comes very close to what air berlin charges.

however, where i dont understand it, is how do i set up that it uses the correct fuel charge etc and do i have to do that for every airport?

i found that the default fuel is 5.10, but do i have to enter something like 0.72 like you mention?

i must say getting a decent finance up, is pretty difficult. It's either you make a s***load of cash, or you go in debt very hard.

When I want into the flight ops department of one airline I found out the fuel price at LYBE. According to that I have all airports set to 0.36. I charge my tickets from $120 for short haul to $1000 for long 10h+ flights. This is giving a steady increase. We are $4million up since April.

I created an excel sheet based upon my ticket price, fuel charge etc.

When i calculate everything and create a pirep, my gross profit is nearly the same in my airline as i calculated in my excel sheet.

However when i continue calculating fuel usage, fuel price and total fuel cost, i get a difference, like if there is a small percentage on top of the fuel price

For example:

*prices in EU

I have EDDF with fuel price 1.56

I have a route EDDF - DTMB and burn 24213lbs of fuel.

Fuel cost = 1.56 x 24213 = 37772.28

I can carry total 159 paxx on my aircraft, so fuel cost / amount paxx = 237.56 per paxx

I add duty, tax, ticket service and basic ticket price which is total 113.85 + 237.56 so my ticket price for this flight is calculated 351.41

This brings the gross flight to 55874.19

I have total expenses of categering/ground service etc total up to 9035.00

so small math on 159 paxx:

Gross Profit = 55874.19

Fuel cost = 37772.28

Expenses = 9035.00

Net Profit = 9066.91

I do the flight.

I carry 123 paxx.

Ticket price is 351.41 x 123 = 43223.43 (on website its 43223.40 so give or take a few cents)

When i calculate the fuel on the website, it gives a total of 38983.00

Expenses stays the same.

So when i do the math on 123 paxx

Gross Profit = 43223.40

Fuel cost = 38983,00 according to phpvms (should be around 377772,28 = -1210,72 difference)

Expenses = 9035

Loss Profit = -4794 (in my excelsheet it is = -3583.66 = -1210.34 difference)

Now my question is, where is this 1210 euro difference coming from? I figured out that on every flight there is a 0.05 difference on the fuel price. So i inserted 1.56 and after the flight it calculates a fuel price of 1.61, but i don't know why?