my site is slow

mattia

Also, there can be many factors affecting the performance of the site.

-datacenter location/locations

-shared/VPS/dedicated hosting

-code changes

-traffic to the site (this can be actual humans going to the site or robots)

-attacks/viruses

Much has to do with the server and the clients. The server would be your hosting provider and may be stuffing to many people on one server, clients will be at the mercy of their browser/computer speed/internet provider speed/location. You have a .it domain which I am assuming is hosted in a datacenter somewhere in italy, I am in the US which means your site will load slower for me than you. There has been some talk on the forums about site attacks and since your site is running slow it could possibly be a small dos attack.

This is by no means a complete list but something to get you started in resolving this. My background is windows application development and just beginning web deployment, but there are many on the forum to help if you have a linux hosting environment.

You have a .it domain which I am assuming is hosted in a datacenter somewhere in italy, I am in the US which means your site will load slower for me than you.

You shouldn't assume an .it domain is hosted in Italy, or a .de domain is hosted in Germany, and so on. I have .co.uk, .eu, .it domains - all hosted in the US... It's probably most likely hosted in the US because it's cheap and popular :)

Other thing is geographical location will have a minimal effect on load times... he should be more worried about his code :)

site loads pretty good for me but could it be possible that all the flash is making your site slow

could it be possible that all the flash
all the flash
flash

Problem solved. :lol: