Realistic fuel prices in phpVMS

bobsta63

Hi guys,

I know this is a bit broad but I was wondering how most of you VA owners configure your flight prices against your fuel prices.

For example, this evening I did a flight from Stansted to Jersey and lost £8,000 due to fuel prices to that of the ticket prices.

I ideally want to setup my VA to have realistic finances, I believe that the live fuel prices only work in the US and as my VA is only going to fly within the EU I assume that I cannot use the fuel prices so could someone recommend a good or semi realistic fuel price to setup in phpVMS.

At the moment I left it as the automatic 5.10 but changed my fuel measurement to KG maybe this has something to do with it? Is 5.10 per LB roughly ok? - Also do some people have a rough calculation they use for working out the price per flight? Something like £10 per person per 100nmi?

I also assume that the kACARS software will convert for example LBS of fuel burn (if set-up in the kACARS system) to be converted to the equivalent once the PIREP has been sent to phpVMS (ie. it will be converted to what the phpVMS system is configured to use eg. KG)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks,

Bobby

Not sure about your fuel issue, but I have an excel spread sheet that I use for flight pay and ticket/cargo fees. I can not for the life of me remember what formula I used. I may dig up the spreadsheet and share it. It works real nice like.

Thanks for your reply TAV1702 - That would be great if you could dig it out and share with me :)

When I went into the flight ops of JAT Airways they told me 1t of fuel goes for ~800$ at LYBE which is 0.8 to put into phpVMS.

I reduced it to 0.36-0.5 because we don't fly as much flights and I have been told fuel is cheaper on some other airports.

This is giving me a solid profit :)

http://www.skysim.net/airserbia/index.php/finances/

• 2 weeks later...