ACARS map refresh time

steelerboi

The live map on my site seems to always refresh every minute, but I'd like it to refresh every 30 seconds if possible.

I've looked at the acarsmap.tpl and that still shows a default setting of 10000 (i.e.10 seconds), and the refreshTime in acarsmap.js is 6000.

Changing either of the values appears to have no effect on the map refresh, which remains stubborn at a 1 minute interval.

Any assistance to point out where I'm going wrong would be very much appreciated.

• Moderators

The live map on my site seems to always refresh every minute, but I'd like it to refresh every 30 seconds if possible.

I've looked at the acarsmap.tpl and that still shows a default setting of 10000 (i.e.10 seconds), and the refreshTime in acarsmap.js is 6000.

Changing either of the values appears to have no effect on the map refresh, which remains stubborn at a 1 minute interval.

Any assistance to point out where I'm going wrong would be very much appreciated.

In the acarsmap.tpl changing the number 10000 to 5000 should work just fine. wink.gif

Go to your local_config.php and find the following:

# ACARS options
#  Minutes, flights to show on the ACARS
#  Default is 720 minutes (12 hours)
Config::Set('ACARS_LIVE_TIME', 720); 
Config::Set('ACARS_DEBUG', false);

Now change the number 720 or whatever it's there to what you like. wink.gif

Hi Parkho,

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what I was trying to achieve. The setting which you mention is to determine the length of time a flight shows on the map before clearing itself. That one I have nailed already :)

The setting which I'm looking for is the refresh rate at which the data on the map changes, i.e. when the aircraft moves from one point to another, and the flight data changes.

• Moderators

Hi Parkho,

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what I was trying to achieve. The setting which you mention is to determine the length of time a flight shows on the map before clearing itself. That one I have nailed already :)

The setting which I'm looking for is the refresh rate at which the data on the map changes, i.e. when the aircraft moves from one point to another, and the flight data changes.

Got you! I edited my last post . Sorry!smile.gif

It worked for mine.

Thanks Jeff.

I have absolutely no idea why it's not working for mine though. Actually, as I write this, I'm wondering whether it could actually be dependant on the browser being used. I normally use Chrome, but next time there's a flight on the go, I'll try using Firefox or IE.