PIREP EMAILS

PLS001

Hi all this isnt a moajr thing just filling my email inbox for now , but , When you submit your pirep be it with FSACARS or FSPAX or even manually, I get told four times about it .Any ideas how i can cut this down ?

also having a similar issue to anoher post  i think i may have said aboutit before any ideas ?

in the ADMIN section whern you first get there it show menus down left and this in middle

Pilot Reports for the Past Week

(shows a loading image)

aprox 30 seconds later i get this

Pilot Reports for the Past Week

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/pulseair/public_html/vms/core/lib/pchart/pChart.class.php on line 478

have spoken to my site support guys and get the following results from them

Hi Simon,

I can't find out why the script is timing out so I asked the Linux engineers at the data-center to take a look at whats happening.

Here is the reports.

Initial report:

================================

Unfortunatey this is hitting a sever hard limit of 30 seconds max execution time

I attempted to raise this to 60 seconds for testing purposes and it still did not complete.

You will need to have the developer optimize this script to complete more efficiently. This script is causing a very high load on the server each time it runs which could lead to it being disabled if it is accessed more than a couple times at once as well.

================================

Second report:

Hello,

I am not able to find what is causing this script to timeout. We ran an strace on the process while it was running and it hangs after the lines below. I really don't see anything in this output that states what the issue is with the script. We temporarily increased the max execution time in PHP and it still hung. I would recommend contacting your developer/software developers for further information on this. They should know what the script is trying to do and what might be causing it to hang. The load on the server is not high when we ran the script so it's not just an issue with the server taking a long time to respond.

Cut out a lot of technical stats

Best regards,

Any ideas and please help me :-)

Thanks in advance  i know you guys  wil have a decent response not some techie push me to one side and fob off jargon. I am not the only using this PHPVMS and none seems to have an issues so its not the software suely  do you thinik i am being fobbed off by host?

Simon

• Administrators

The script execution it's generating/calculating the image. Are you on a shared host? It sounds like they're over-loaded, if it's taking that long to generate. Usually it takes a few seconds at the most. He says it's not overloaded, but something is fishy there. Tell them it's using GD to generate a chart.

I would also contact them about the emails, something sounds misconfigured? It only sends one email.