Resizing of tables to fit with template. [PROBLEM AGAIN]

MBrown

Hello folks,

I don't even know where to begin in searching the forum so forgive me it has been brought up.

I have a custom template, well it's really the vairline template by Nick Tyson but I have given it a major overhaul lol.

But some pages just well... don't match up see in the first pic a default table is sticking over the edge of the template and not sure if it's possible to trim the size of the tables?

Somewhere...? perhaps. (Sorry for all the blurry bits its a secret project haha).

And also on some pages if something doesn't fit then the template doesn't want to know and basically buggers itself up.

See the second pic on another site with same template.

All that would need doing is resizing the table and the map and it would work great.

The third pic is the fleet module which is off the scale messed up but you can see the same problem. But I think that will be easier to adjust.... I hope.

So any pointers would be really appreciated :D Thanks!

-Matthew

post-2331-0-74909300-1341684413_thumb.png

post-2331-0-67477200-1341684432_thumb.png

post-2331-0-17827100-1341684444_thumb.png

Okay so for the resizing the table in pilot profiles go to core>templates>pilot_public_profile.tpl on line 79 and 80 there you will see width and height fix those to your liking or wat ever size fits your template

as for the other pages i dont know exactly that page is located in your server so i cant realy identify the problem but the same way you fix the pilot profile look through some of your templates and you will find the code to fix/resize the maps/charts etc... not that you dont have any but use some common sense when trying to identify the template your trying to fix...for example for the 3rd pic you show its the fleet page....go through templates associated with the fleet page!!

hope this helps if anything let me know!!

Hey Vanity cheers for the heads up.

Of course I don't know why it didn't occur to me that... duh!

Have changed the width in pilot_public_profile.tpl and that has done the trick.

For some stupid reason all my tpl files are actually completely jumbled up in such a way I cant even find what Im looking for! The zip files from Nabeel come like that strangely enough as if they weren't saved properly. But thanks to github just copied and pasted it so it is presented properly.

Thanks for the help mate! :D

• 1 month later...

So I've been doing the resizing of tables etc and that's done the trick on most pages. But now I have pages that I don't understand why they won't display if they just have text.

For example the download page is messed up (Yes, there is actually supposed to be text in there:

2d0yxci.png

Now the .TPL to change this page is called: download_item.tpl but in there there's only the following:

<div align="center">
<p>Your download will start in a few seconds, or <a href="<?php echo $download->link;?>">click here to manually start.</a></p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
window.location = "<?php echo $download->link;?>";
</script>

So I'm stumped on what to change :wacko:

Help please :D

It looks like that template is displaying correctly. It shows a div that has been centered, with the correct text. What is missing is a background color, presumably white. That should be corrected by either adding a parent div around the whole code in the template (which you can find by looking at a page that displays correctly), or, by creating a new div and using the stylesheet to place and style it. If you have a link we could take a better look for you.

I'll have to get my head around adding the parent div idea and creating new ones.

Yeah before if there was a say an image or a table (graphic table of results for example) that was too big it would mess the whole page up and look like it does now.

But that's what I was saying I have nothing to scale smaller on this page haha.

Don't think there's any pages open to the public that display wrongly but here's the link: http://www.futura-va.com

And this is that download page: http://www.futura-va.com/index.php/downloads/dl/18 (CAUTION will actually start downloading a texture!)

Thanks for your help :)