ACARS - issues with bids

mischka

Hi guys

Seeing that my acars system is now working (http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/7552-xacars-setupinstall/) I have some other issues with it. That is to say: I only really had time to fly with xacars so far, so if some of the below features do work with another acars please enlighten me.

1. Submission of my pilot report works fine. However, if I completed a bidded flight, then that bid doesn't get removed. Is there a way to do this automatically?

2. On an other airline I flew with (austrian airlines, I think its not phpvms), I had to enter a route and flightlevel before my bid would be actived, . This was then populated in acars. Is this also possible in phpvms? Is this standard behaviour, am I doing something wrong or do I need to write code to get this done? I quite liked the idea :)

3. On that same airline I could only enter a flightnumber in the acars that I had an active bid on (see point 2).

However, xacars on my airline allows me to retrieve data on any flight, bid or not. How do I change that?

Apart of the bids issue, what about the landing rates? Is this a standard feature of all acars systems or only some, and if yes, which?

• Moderators

I can answer a few here..

1. Submission of my pilot report works fine. However, if I completed a bidded flight, then that bid doesn't get removed. Is there a way to do this automatically?

It should do that. phpVMS does that for xACARS

2. On an other airline I flew with (austrian airlines, I think its not phpvms), I had to enter a route and flightlevel before my bid would be actived, . This was then populated in acars. Is this also possible in phpvms? Is this standard behaviour, am I doing something wrong or do I need to write code to get this done? I quite liked the idea :)

I haven't used xACARS, but I think it's part of the xACARS, nothing we can really do. I think

3. On that same airline I could only enter a flightnumber in the acars that I had an active bid on (see point 2).

However, xacars on my airline allows me to retrieve data on any flight, bid or not. How do I change that?

That's part of the xACARS, we can't do nothing really though.

Apart of the bids issue, what about the landing rates? Is this a standard feature of all acars systems or only some, and if yes, which?

xACARS doesn't really record the landing rate. Other ACARS such as kACARS, FSACARS, FS Flight Keeper and FS Passengers records the landing rate.

yesterday I tried kacars and it appears to remove ,my bid correctly and record a landing rate etc.

the xacars I used with austrian is the same as the one I connect to phpvms with now though, so its rather an "issue" with phpvms and xacars not fully compatible.

Anyway kacars seems to be the way to go now :)