Retaining PIREPs

hollinst

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about retaining PIREPs of the pilots who end up getting removed. It kind of stinks having to delete pilots who have flown more than 10 flights for you, because you lose all that flight data.

I know that when things are changed on the aircraft side (ie aircraft get assigned to different scheduled routes) the flight still shows in the system, but just leaves out the aircraft type/tail number. Is it possible to make this happen with the pilots? The flights stay, but the pilots name does not show up?

Thanks!

Place the pilot as INACTIVE in the Admin Center. This will hold all the pilots' completed pireps in your system. If you actually DELETE the pilot his/her flights, hours and stats will be deleted completely from your database.

Thanks, yeah I knew this. I mean though, is there some way to modify this so that when the pilot is actually deleted (inactivity or other reasons), their flights stay so that the airline flight count doesn't go down. So, example, we have a member who has flown over 150 flights for us, but can not fly for us any longer. He will be removed later from the roster, so that we can keep it looking clean. I'd like for all of his flights to stay in the system but just blank out the pilots name on the report like what happens when an aircraft assignment changes. Take a look at my log book, http://www.legend-virtual.org/index.php/profile/view/1 , and scroll down near the bottom where there are missing planes. These planes have been changed so they no longer match up with the routes, and instead of removing them they show up as blanks.

I know that it can't be done like this with the default phpVMS systems, but wondered if anyone had modified theirs to achieve this.

Thanks!