A very big bug with phpvms

Djomla195

For more information, I was helping him install this on a local server. We used XAMPP (latest version) and the Apache and MySQL services are running. The actual writing to to database went fine but the errors popped up when you are supposed to enter the information about the VA and yourself. I guess it maybe has to do something with the server configuration but I am not sure. I couldn't help him so I guided him here :)

Thanks for the help guys!

Seeing as you believe the installation went fine, it could be that you're running PHP 5.4 or higher, where E_STRICT became part of E_ALL. So turning it off won't have changed anything. What I believe you can do to override this, is to change the following line in the core folder, the local.config file:

Config::Set('ERROR_LEVEL', E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

Change it to:

Config::Set('ERROR_LEVEL', E_ERROR);

or if that doesn't work, try even:

Config::Set('ERROR_LEVEL', 0);

However, be sure to turn error reporting back on when you move to a production server, so you have adequate notice of problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ok I am setting this up as a test server too, and I figured I would post in here instead of creating a new thread since I was having the same issues using XAMPP and WAMP.

I received the same error messages as posted at the beginning of this thread and I did what tutmeister said in post #5 in the local.config file. Now when I go to the homepage after everything installed /localhost/MyVa, I get a page looking like this (Pic 1). I get no menus or anything resembling the Crystal skin.

I have tried to do this using XAMPP and now WAMP, same results.

I did try to download my live site when using XAMPP and WAMP and exported my real db and then imported the db into my test server db and when I went to the homepage I got a blank screen all together (Pic 3), however if I went to a link like localhost/MyVA/index.php/ruleregs it displayed the site which shows part of the site but nothing in the main content area which should be the Rules and Regulations which there is content (2nd image). All the info is in my test server's db, so I am not sure why it is doing all of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-2911-0-39591700-1347386532_thumb.png

post-2911-0-66359200-1347386544_thumb.png

post-2911-0-27419600-1347386728_thumb.png