PHPVMS/kACARS Login

Petey

Hello everyone,

Having an issue and I believe Jeff said it must be something to do with PHPVMS' coding. Basically, I have a custom version of kACARS. In the custom version, there is a default login placed there for knowledge purposes (XXX1001 and a default password) - just to show how the pilots must login.

Unforuntely, some pilots are just clicking the "login" button with those credentials in there. Somehow, the system is accepting that login! They end up showing on the ACARS map with a blank name and when they file, no PIREP being attached to their true account but rather account ID 901 by default.

Is there anywhere in the coding I can change so that users cannot login using that default login and it will give them an error message if they do not have the proper ID and password?

Since we have quite a bit of pilots, I hate to have to delete the PIREP, but no one ends up claiming it since it can file the PIREP with the system and they think that it is attached onto their account when in reality, it cannot connect with a proper pilot ID since they did not login properly.

Guest lorathon

That's not exactly what I said. Or if I did not what I meant.

There is no way that the XXX1001 and PW would be able to log in unless you have a pilot account with ID 1001 and the password is 12345. What I believe that I said was that pilot PVA0002 can sign in using 2 as the pilot id. There is no need to actually use the entire pilot code to log in.

If you wish I can make sure that the pilot inputs the entire code or at least checks for the "VA Code".

Email me.