500 Internal Server Error

Jason

I am getting a 500 Internal Server Error in the Admin Panel only, everything else works fine. I contacted my website host (Arvixe) and they said it would have to do with phpvms. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@webmaster.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• Moderators

I am getting a 500 Internal Server Error in the Admin Panel only, everything else works fine. I contacted my website host (Arvixe) and they said it would have to do with phpvms. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@webmaster.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Your hosting needs to recompile PHP. ;)

I dont like hosts that try to blame other factors, and try to refuse to fix a problem with their own service. They should be trying to do everything they can to help you. My host letshost.ie, I find the best. I had a problem with my phpvms install (it was caused by me unintentionally, and did not know at the time) I asked for help, I was getting no errors, just a blank screen. PHP was not the problem, and neither was the database, as the forum which runs on php and the same DB as my phpvms install were working fine. I ask them, they said it was to do with some sort config error or something cant remember fully. But when I asked could they help me, they said it was not usually done as it is outside my support area for my plan. But they said they would have a look into it for me. I find if a host is willing to help even if it is not supposed to be done, a very good host.