iFrames/Joomla & phpVMS

G-NEWC

Yes, as the title says..i have a few questions that i wish to put forward to Nabeel or any other member that has a clue what i'm going on about...

We are thinking of running phpVMS & Joomla. Basically, the original idea is to build the Joomla system, linking registrations between the two systems (login on one, which then logs you into both interfaces) and  using the registration pages, pilots pages etc of phpvms.

Now, for my first question; would iFraming become a problem when linking to the pages of phpvms? I am sure i came across a problem of doing this when i developed our site, but it has slipped my mind.

Also, if this is not suitable, is there any other relatively simple(ish) way of linking to these pages to get the display to show up on Joomla?

I'm not yet familiar with the Joomla system, but if anyone else is familiar and is aware of another way to do this any advice of any sort would be appreciated; anything that may cause a problem or be difficult to do.

Many Thanks,

[table][tr]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

• Administrators

Hello,

is it possible make a joomla component using phpvms for a best integration? ???

I can study to create a component, because I'm veru familiar with Joomla CMS customization.

Marco

I'm sure it could be, I'm not too familiar with Joomla

• Administrators

Why would you rewrite it? What purpose would it serve? And to mention, phpVMS is still actively being worked on. You can create a Joomla addon which talks to the phpvms api

All you need to do is to write a bridge, which is much simpler than learning the API for both products

http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=174